Light-O-Rama Forums

PixieLink Questions Answered

zooo

Posting my PM conversation as others may have the same question regarding the PixieLink

Q: It wasnt clear to me if my AC controllers can be ran from the pixie link. If so, can pixies and ac controllers both be on the same pixielink port.

A: You can configure a PixieLink port to make a DMX universe or ELOR network on a port. You could connect AC controllers to that port, but that port would be too slow to support Pixies. If the port is configured as a PixieLink (4.25Mbps, 8.5Mbps, or 17Mbps) port, only Pixie controllers can be on that port.

Q: Thank you for the response. I have pixies and and AC controllers together currently on an ELOR network. It's only about 800 pixles, so it works fine through a red HS adapter. I assume I will be able to continue to do this by assigning one of the ports an ELOR port, as long as I keep a low pixel count. Correct?

A: The ELOR created by the PixieLink device is not nearly as compressed as the PC's. This is because the PC compresses across pixel strings and controllers. The PixieLink device cannot do this. You should not run Pixies using the ELOR on a PixieLink because it will probably not handle the bandwidth needed.

Q: It's always nice to ask a question and get it answered well. Sounds like it's best to have my two pixie only networks on the Pixielink while I have my AC controllers with one pixie 8 network on the red HS RS485 adapter. I assume you can run both protocols simultaneously?

A: Yes, you can run both. 
Edited by zooo
Corrections
  • Like 1