Light-O-Rama Forums

G3-MP3 director running audio but no light sequences

sknight

I'm running 1 G3 MP3 Director with 16 outputs, audio will run but lights will not. Sequences are all working in the Sequence editor and channels are configured to unit 1 channels 1-16. I'm stumped, I've never run into this before.

1 minute ago, sknight said:

I'm running 1 G3 MP3 Director with 16 outputs, audio will run but lights will not. Sequences are all working in the Sequence editor and channels are configured to unit 1 channels 1-16. I'm stumped, I've never run into this before.

What SD card do you have?

JR

Just now, sknight said:

It is not a kingston, and the kingston one I have here is working, so I'm thinking you're right. Thanks!

You are welcome.

JR

Sorry Nope, the Kingston still isn't working with the sequences I need to be on it.

So you have a set of sequences that work on the Kingston SD card. Will those sequences work on the other SD Card?

Figure out what the difference is between the two sets of sequences if they work.

What have you added?

What are you using to create the card?

JR

The 3 sequences I'm trying to play are ones that I've customized on the sequence editor, but I've done that before without any issues. The only thing that's consistent among all three is that audio will run but no animation will. I've got channel configurations set to 1 unit 1-16 channels. 

I've tried with the simple show builder & the LOR hub, but neither are working. It's the strangest thing, all audio, no lights.

The 3 sequences I'm trying to play are ones that I've customized on the sequence editor, but I've done that before without any issues. The only thing that's consistent among all three is that audio will run but no animation will. I've got channel configurations set to 1 unit 1-16 channels. 

I've tried with the simple show builder & the LOR hub, but neither are working. It's the strangest thing, all audio, no lights.

I have only used the HU and Hub for an SD card show. I have never used SSB for a SD card.

The Kingsdon card should work. Its pretty straight forward. What is your firmware on the director and controller?

You said the Kingsdon works with some sequences. Are you sure your unit ID is correct with the new sequences and you are identifying that in the HUB, the HUB only asks 2 questions so its pretty straight forward.

Also try HU to create the show.

JR

Stupid question...you are plugged into the correct port on your G3-MP3 controller?  It is acting like it cannot find the controller.  It could also be maybe you accidentally redefined your controller to another network, like "Aux A" (I forgot where you do this in 4.4.xx).

I know JR has had trouble with SD cards, but my experience is I have never had an issue with my SD cards no matter who the manufacturer is.  I use a mixture of SanDisk, Kingston and I even have a 512MB no-name brand that I have a simple test sequence loaded on; all run my regular and enhanced networks with no problems on my G3-MP3.

If other sequences are working and the new sequences are not, then there is a definite configuration change between the working and non-working sequences.  Are you using the sane channekl config file for both, are you even using a pre-set channel config?   And if so, did you change things around and then import a prior channel config?   Any of these could create the issues you're having.

Just know I updated my channel config and forgot and loaded a older channel config file into a sequence that wasn't the one I updated, I had moved channels and items around and that sure fouled up my sequence, thank my lucky stars I had backups.   And thankfully LOR has an UNDO option that will revert a sequence if you find you did this after a channel config import.  But if you saved it right after that impott, you need to locate the .bak file to revert back to the original, providing you haven;t saved it more than one time since the imoirt of the channel config.

But I'd bet you definitely have a channel configuration issue causing your problem.

p.s. Hope this makes sense and is legible, my glasses broke in half 3-4 days ago, so I'm not sure just how coherrent my typing is at the moment,  I have a dang cold righty now, so I can't even get an appointment to see an optomolofist to get a new pair of glasses {actuially contact lenses this go around{.  Too see what I'm doing I have to practically put my face right on the monitor screen,  Being legallty blind with glasses is bad enough, but without them I can't do much at all.   No way can I sequyence anything at the moment.

sknight, when you have a problem and so many try to solve it for you, we all would like to know what the solution was so others with the same or like problems may remember this post and not have to ask the same question again. 

• Like 2