Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility not detecting multiple controllers

Moshack

Hey everyone,

So I just purchase my second controller (first one was the basic residential controller and second one is a Pixie16 controller).  However, I am trying to play with both of them in the "off-season" but I am running into some issues.  I am able to "detect" each controller individually--however, when I attempt to daisy chain them together the Hardware Utility only detects one of them.  I ensured that I am connecting them using the correct data ports and I verified my cables are in good working order.  When connecting both of them, each controllers "indicator" light is showing static ON (I am assuming meaning they are receiving a data signal).  I've tried swapping the controller order as well with (obviously) no luck.  I am using the Pro version software so I know it can't be a license issue.  I've attempted to read through the online articles but was unsuccessful with the troubleshooting I've attempted.

Any help, guidance, or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Try a sequence. I bet both work. The HU frequently misses controllers when you search. It they work, don't worry about it.

If you have your pixie16 in the first position the jumper on the pins directly in front of the com port may be off. You should have received a jumper in a bag. 

It can also happen of the pixie controller is #2 if both pins to both ports are missing.  JP2

JR

Edited by dibblejr

On 1/29/2021 at 4:40 PM, k6ccc said:

Do they both have the same Unit ID?

@k6cccSo your suggestion did fix the issue.  I thought that I had updated the controllers to have their own Unit ID.  However, I think that since I had both plugged in (daisy chained), it might have updated both ID's (not entirely sure).  So once I changed the ID's individually, Hardware Utility is now detecting both!  Thank you so much for the information!

Thank you @PhilMasseyand @dibblejr for your input as well!

Glad it fixed it.  You are not the first person to inadvertently change the Unit ID of multiple controllers.