Light-O-Rama Forums

Prop master needed.

BluMan

Ok, I have this light tunnel that I created for kids to walk through.  It used to be much bigger and wrap all the way to the front porch.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get the math right this year so I decided to only make it as big as the picture shows now.

This year, I've decided to migrate to S5, and I don't have a clue how to create a prop to cover this item.  So, that's why I'm asking anyone here that knows props well to see if they can help me.  Here is the detail on this tunnel.

There are 7 uprights that are controlled by an AC controller (unit 01) and there is 50 lights on each.  There are 6 "between" sections that are controlled by another AC controller (unit 02) and there is 200 lights between each upright (they zigzag to take up the space).  I know I could/should reduce this to one controller but since this was a last minute tunnel change (really like 2 days before Halloween), I left the other channels active on both AC units but there was nothing plugged into the channels.

So, can anyone help me?  Greatly appreciated.  This is the last thing I need to create to complete my preview in S5.

Thanks in advance to everyone!!

Light Tunnel.jpg

So rather than talking about unit ids, lets just talk about channels/circuits? How many channels are used to control this archway in total? Is each upright a separate channel? Typically I model archways with a side view that is slightly skewed - such that the poles on the far side are visible between the poles on the near side. This should also give you good visibility to the zig-zag lights you have on the sides.

Matt

33 minutes ago, MattBrown said:

So rather than talking about unit ids, lets just talk about channels/circuits? How many channels are used to control this archway in total? Is each upright a separate channel? Typically I model archways with a side view that is slightly skewed - such that the poles on the far side are visible between the poles on the near side. This should also give you good visibility to the zig-zag lights you have on the sides.

Matt

7 Uprights plus 6 spaces so there is 13 channels used to control the archway in total.

Yes, each upright is a separate channel.  And each space between the uprights are also separate channels.  All I do is chase type sequences on the tunnel so that each upright having a separate channel seems to give me that ability.

Edited by BluMan

• 2 weeks later...

I've decided to convert this light tunnel to RGB lights and instead of having the "zigzag" lights, I'm going to measure the distance and then, using, math, figure out 16 archways within that space so that each light string will be on it's own archway.  So, now I have to still figure out how to make an archway in the S5 Preview but I think what I'm going to do will look better in the end anyways.

1 hour ago, BluMan said:

I've decided to convert this light tunnel to RGB lights and instead of having the "zigzag" lights, I'm going to measure the distance and then, using, math, figure out 16 archways within that space so that each light string will be on it's own archway.  So, now I have to still figure out how to make an archway in the S5 Preview but I think what I'm going to do will look better in the end anyways.

Arches should already be in the prop drop down. All you would have to do is stretch it out to meet the look you require.

JR

3 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Arches should already be in the prop drop down. All you would have to do is stretch it out to meet the look you require.

Ok, I will take a look.  Since I simplified the overall look of the tunnel, I should be able to figure it out now.  It's really basically a matrix you walk under since it will be 16x50 RGB....so I have different choices.

Thanks JR!