Light-O-Rama Forums

Update Disappeared

idahocampers

I don't update when my show is running but now that it is over I like to keep everything updated.

When I start sequencer it use to show me that there is a update available.  Now it doesn't.

Did I turn it off somewhere?

THANKS

image.png.7605eda764aafa977650ce9b29f7fc77.png

Don't know.  I have never used or noticed an update check within the program.  Usually I just go to the software download page when DevMike sends out notices about updates here on the forum.  You can at any time go to the software download page and download any version at any time.

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, k6ccc said:

Don't know.  I have never used or noticed an update check within the program.  Usually I just go to the software download page when DevMike sends out notices about updates here on the forum.  You can at any time go to the software download page and download any version at any time.

http://www1.lightorama.com/sequencing-software-download/

This is S4, not sure if S5 is set up the same way or not.  S4 you can Right Click the Bulb Icon, first thing in the menu is "Upgrade Light-O-Rama", it also the last option under the Help tab in the SE.  But those are the only two areas I know it can be found at in S4.   I would have thought S5 would have kept these options in the sequencer and in the bulb menu when right clicking on the bulb icon.

Sorry missed the OPS initial question.  Must have been something new in S5, as I've never gotten a notice to "Update" my LOR software, but I'm using S4, and playing around with S5 to try and learn it, and I've never seen or been asked to do an Update, at least not yet anyway.

Edited by Orville
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Orville said:

This is S4, not sure if S5 is set up the same way or not.  S4 you can Right Click the Bulb Icon, first thing in the menu is "Upgrade Light-O-Rama", it also the last option under the Help tab in the SE.  But those are the only two areas I know it can be found at in S4.   I would have thought S5 would have kept these options in the sequencer and in the bulb menu when right clicking on the bulb icon.

Those is Upgrade (as in increase your license level), not update (as in software version update).  Still there in S5.

Actually I do think I remember what the OP is asking about.  At least at some time in the past, Sequence Editor would check for updates in the background and put some sort of note that there was an update available.  Been so long since I had seen that because I normally update almost immediately after DevMike announces an update has been released..  And I just go to the software download page to get the new file, and start updating computers.

• Thanks 2

Like Jim, I usually UPDATE immediately I see the release notice by DevMike, so I rarely get the opportunity to see any notifications. I seem to recall a update message on one occasion but can't be sure.

It's been many years since I UPGRADED to the Pro license level.

• Thanks 2

On 1/23/2021 at 9:47 AM, k6ccc said:

Those is Upgrade (as in increase your license level), not update (as in software version update).  Still there in S5.

Actually I do think I remember what the OP is asking about.  At least at some time in the past, Sequence Editor would check for updates in the background and put some sort of note that there was an update available.  Been so long since I had seen that because I normally update almost immediately after DevMike announces an update has been released..  And I just go to the software download page to get the new file, and start updating computers.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:00 AM, PhilMassey said:

Like Jim, I usually UPDATE immediately I see the release notice by DevMike, so I rarely get the opportunity to see any notifications. I seem to recall a update message on one occasion but can't be sure.

It's been many years since I UPGRADED to the Pro license level.

I guess that's why I've never seen it either Jim or Phil. 

Like both of you, as soon as DevMike posts an update is available, I just go and download/install any updates to the version I'm using, so I wasn't even aware the LOR Software had that capability of asking to be "updated"!  

Learned something new I was totally unaware of.

Thanks guys.