Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 SuperStar visualization horizontally squished

k6ccc

As far as I recall, this has been this way since the first days of S5, so not something new.

Currently using 5.5.18 and when I Insert SuperStar effects, the Visualization in SuperStar is massively horizontally squished.  Here are a couple screen captures.  As usual (thank you Chrome), if your browser does not display the screen captures, there is a link directly to the capture.  This first capture is my 4W x 3H P10 marix (128 pixels wide by 48 pixels high).  On the left is the sequencing grid and is adjusted to fairly closely matches the actual aspect ratio of the matrix.  On the right is visualization - which does not!  I am using floating windows and the screen size is set to 1920 x 1080 - which matches the actual size of the monitor.  Of course when using floating windows, the aspect ratio of the grid can be adjusted any way you want, but the aspect ratio of the Visualization is locked.

S5_SuperStar_Visualization_squished-1.pn

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/S5_SuperStar_Visualization_squished-1.png

This second capture is my pixel tree.  Again you can see that the image is squished.

S5_SuperStar_Visualization_squished-2.pn

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/S5_SuperStar_Visualization_squished-2.png

For comparison, this is what it looks like in Preview Editor (and of course the actual preview).  Both the tree and matrix are pretty close to actual aspect ratio (the matrix is not that large - I display it larger so I can read it in the preview):

S5_SuperStar_Visualization_squished-3.pn

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/S5_SuperStar_Visualization_squished-3.png

The large rectangular block is the matrix, and of course the tree is obvious.  You can ignore the other stuff...

Here is the Sequencer info screen data:

Light-O-Rama S5 Sequencer (32-bit), Version 5.5.18
Pro Edition
Copyright 2016-2021 Light-O-Rama, Inc.
Registered to: Jim Walls

Microsoft Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel® Core™ i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
Intel® UHD Graphics 630
OpenGL version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 451.67

Any solution to this?

Note that this has been around a long time, but with today's SuperStar license upgrade (thank you very much), I can now sequence my P10 matrix in SuperStar, so I though I would give it a shot.  The image is so squished, it would be hard to visualize.  Hence the reason for bringing this up today.

Hmmm, now it's only $50 to upgrade to a 48,000 channel license which would allow me to sequence the P5 matrix too...

I have changed the code so that when superstar is launched from the S5 Sequencer and you go into "floating windows" mode, the initial window is sized to the aspect ration of the Preview that was passed in from the Sequencer.
After that, when you resize the floating window then the Preview shrinks/stretches to fit the window. Is this how you would like it to work?

Sounds like that would be better.  I would be happy to test that if you want.

Also note that I just posted another separate query in a separate post...

5 minutes ago, BrianBruderer said:

Did you get my email with instructions on how to get the executable with the fix?

No, I didn't.  jim@k6ccc.org