Light-O-Rama Forums

bulk search/replace colors in an animation?

djc

I'm programming an animation in Sequencer (v5.5.8) to be played on my Cosmic Color Bulbs. I'd like to take an existing animation and swap the colors. For example, I have a red chase with a blue background. I'd like to make a new version of it with a white chase over a red background. 

Is there a way to search for all cells of a certain color in an animation and replace them with a different color?

8 hours ago, djc said:

I'm programming an animation in Sequencer (v5.5.8) to be played on my Cosmic Color Bulbs. I'd like to take an existing animation and swap the colors. For example, I have a red chase with a blue background. I'd like to make a new version of it with a white chase over a red background. 

Is there a way to search for all cells of a certain color in an animation and replace them with a different color?

My bad- what I typed was for S4. Don’t know how I thought it was for S4

S5- highlight what you want to change, select a color using the tool bar

Right click  - apply affect “foreground”

Apply color hue

That should about get you there. Unless you have color fades within fades, then you will have to do manually.

Edited by dibblejr

Thanks for your quick response. I think I understand what you're suggesting (select area, right-click > Existing Effects (foreground) > Apply Toolbar Hue). However, this seems to only work if you have a blank background. I have a solid color background (blue in this example) with a red chase. See the attached screenshot. I was hoping there was a function to 'select all cells of a certain color', then be able to change their color.

chase_blue_red.png.a410e8cf7c64bb27e3d50039903c02af.png

No search and replace. The best you can do is fix the first chase row and rechase.

Copy and paste might work or one of the foreground effects to change the color. Again only on what I call the first or source chase row.