Light-O-Rama Forums

Warm white

tonyloga

Hi Everyone 

want to keep my yard lit up but not a coloured theme after Christmas. . Anyone have any RGB settings to produce a normal warm white. I have been trying multiple combinations but either to green or orange. I know they can’t produce true warm white but thought someone may have come close. 
cheers 

tony 

Best way to do that is power up your lights while you can watch them, and preferably mounted the way they will be mounted.  Then control them from the hardware utility so you can adjust levels and watch the results live.  Tweek until you get what you want.  I will also tell you that whatever number someone else gives you will not help much because there are too many variables.  However with that warning given, my year round column lights run these levels:  R = 255, G = 255, B = 102 during the evening and 102, 102, 40 overnight.  I don't like a real warm white light.  I have never measured it, but my best guess is that comes out to around 3500K on MY lights.  Because of how mine are built, yours will almost certainly be different!

Like Jim suggests, your actual results may vary.  I find that my 10W floods have to be set different than my 50W floods, which have to be different than my LED strips in order to get similar color tones.  Variations will occur between manufacturers.  I use the HU to play/experiment with the color palettes especially if adding a new prop/light source.  I find trying to get everything to match as "orange" for Halloween is almost impossible.  But then again I recognize my "sickness" and ultimately tell myself "close enough". 

• 3 months later...

I realize I'm  late to the party here, but for my CCR II with bullet pixels, I've found that Red at 55 and Green at 16/17 matches my warm white LEDs.

• The topic was locked