Basics of getting started

Trying to play a sequence I bought from WOW lights thats preprogrammed.  I assigned my channels to match with there’s pretty well and was going to tweak it from there. 

2 minutes ago, Sam house said:

Trying to play a sequence I bought from WOW lights thats preprogrammed.  I assigned my channels to match with there’s pretty well and was going to tweak it from there. 

So are you saying that when you play a sequence, no lights appear on the preview?

So after playing around more it seems as the data telling what channel to turn on isn’t pulling over.  When selecting a couple channels to come in at different times during the song they light up.  Am I not downloading the song correct Mabey?

Playing around more after purchasing another song.  I think I was missing the step where it said apply beat wizard. Now that I am trying to apply that it says “timings can only be inserted into a free form grid”?

I have never purchased a song so I will have to defer to those that have. I do not, however know why you would need to use the best wizard for a pre built song. Surely it has timings already.

ugh  No I cant get it to do anything  it pulls into my preview box but thats it. no music no nothing.  This is starting to be frustrating,  just cant figure out what im doing wrong  Should I call WOW lights you think?

If the sequence I sent isn't working, then you are doing something wrong.

It's a 1 (or 5, I forget) minute animation only, with 16 channels. No music. Just lights. You should see them in your preview window.

1 hour ago, Sam house said:

it pullks in the box

It pulls in what box?

Did it ask you to import the preview? Do you see the 16 channels configured?

By bud I ment Pulls into preview window.

looks like I see 16 channels.  Labeled as 

unit 01:01

unit 01:02

unit 01:03

etc…

You didn't answer my other question.

Did it ask you to import the preview?

The link I sent is a fully functional, 16 channel "all on" sequence. When you load it on to your computer, you should have 16 channels, all on, with 16 Stars in the Preview window. It should automatically import the Preview, since you wouldn't have it on your machine.

If that sequence doesn't work for you, then you either have something seriously wrong with your computer, or user error.

If I turn on differnt grids manually they do turn on in my preview.  Just cant get WoW lights sequence pulled over and played.  After further playing around it looks like its just importing there music file over but no sequence for the lights.  I am supposed to start a musical sequence not a animation sequence correct?  Thanks for your help again, feel like im so close to getting this

I don't have experience with WowLights.

However, I'd be surprised if they were selling you blank sequences.

What is the actual sequence purchased? IOW - from the receipt. Cost? They have many options. Just a hunch I am thinking about.

Only need one, I can see the sugar plumb groove so use that one for the answer.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

I would say "No" since I do not see any sequence in the grid or am I going blind

JR

Blind. It's all on, all white channels.

On 10/3/2021 at 6:26 AM, Sam house said:
On 10/4/2021 at 8:32 AM, tlogan said:

@Sam house which WOWLIGHTS sequence are you using? I have 15 of them and maybe I can help you out by going through mine to see what you may be doing wrong.

I have a call with WOW lights tomorrow to try and troubleshoot what’s going on.  Thanks for all the help guys, I’ll keep ya posted how it goes.