Light-O-Rama Forums

Basics of getting started

Sam house

Thanks @Don. So if I'm understanding, the OP can only have 16 props lighted with one AC controller, unless he does like I do, which is to use a triple tap and run extensions from that one dangle to the duplicated props, correct?

11 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Thanks @Don. So if I'm understanding, the OP can only have 16 props lighted with one AC controller, unless he does like I do, which is to use a triple tap and run extensions from that one dangle to the duplicated props, correct?

That is correct. A T or other extension cord will work.

OP - the “share same channel as” box that Don is referring to is top right side in prop def

JR

56 minutes ago, tlogan said:

Just pay attention to Total AC Load (hard to exceed with LED strings) for each channel  (8 amps maximum for LOR built w/heatsinks) and overall Bank.  Personally, I would try and stay below 4A

i don't see it mentioned, but for connecting AC light strings in various place, look up SPT1 wire and vampire plugs.    Gives you a lot of flexibility to connect the strings together you want to act as one.   I have close to a mile of wire connecting things together.  

• Like 1

On 9/18/2021 at 8:31 PM, dibblejr said:

Are you trying their WOW sequence or are you copy paste in to your sequence?

It must match up to your Config to play.

Easy way to verify your sequence will play is to 

Right click on one of your channel grids

Scroll down to “select”

Next “row”

Right click inside the yellow boundary and select “turn on” at the top

Then open your play back window and play.

JR

I must be doing something wrong. When I right click on a channel all I get is a menu that says

“Prop definition”

”use this prop for thumbnails”

”convert to grid view group”

”set channels”

🤨🤨🤨

Hey Don.

thanks for sending the training course.  I purchased it and watched the whole things It gave me a larger understanding of everything but I’m still stuck on getting my preview to work.  It didn’t really give me any more insight then I already had there.  

When I have my preview pulled up on the sequencer the weird thing is that none of my changes as far as lights and props are on the picture of the preview. When I look at the preview seperatly by itself it’s all there but when I combine it with the sequencer I just see the pic with no lights. Is that normal or ? 

1 hour ago, Sam house said:

but when I combine it with the sequencer I just see the pic with no lights. Is that normal or ?

Do you have any of the lights programmed? Are you playing a sequence?

Trying to play a sequence I bought from WOW lights thats preprogrammed.  I assigned my channels to match with there’s pretty well and was going to tweak it from there. 

2 minutes ago, Sam house said:

Trying to play a sequence I bought from WOW lights thats preprogrammed.  I assigned my channels to match with there’s pretty well and was going to tweak it from there. 

So are you saying that when you play a sequence, no lights appear on the preview?

So after playing around more it seems as the data telling what channel to turn on isn’t pulling over.  When selecting a couple channels to come in at different times during the song they light up.  Am I not downloading the song correct Mabey?

Playing around more after purchasing another song.  I think I was missing the step where it said apply beat wizard. Now that I am trying to apply that it says “timings can only be inserted into a free form grid”?

Ugh. Did that and when I Went back to apply beat wizard nothing happened. Applying beat wizard is what I should be doing yes?

I have never purchased a song so I will have to defer to those that have. I do not, however know why you would need to use the best wizard for a pre built song. Surely it has timings already.

ugh  No I cant get it to do anything  it pulls into my preview box but thats it. no music no nothing.  This is starting to be frustrating,  just cant figure out what im doing wrong  Should I call WOW lights you think?