Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't shut lights off

gerald sundberg

Are you using any lights that may be like compact florecent lights, like in a tune to sign? Are using any lights that may have transformers in the power supply. If so for a test, unplug these items and try your sequence.

Some of these type items CAN cause noise to feedback into the AC line and create undesired behavior.

Since you said it did work and does not now. I am making an assumption that you probably made some changes in the actually light set up and possibly added one of the above items.

Just a shot in the dark without being able to be there to see.

Chuck

Just using mini's, no transformers, three light fader adapters though, they're on constantly. As I said they now don't work on the test panel either, where they once did. they never did work on the display.

What is your test panel? Is it a model representation your display? Any chance it was damaged?

Just to be clear...you have sequences that at one time would play in your sequence editor. Now they do not. If nothing was changed in the sequences, it may be a problem in LOR. You could remove the the program, do a registry wipe, and reinstall.

Also, at one time you could control your lights via the hardware utility and now you cannot. Again, what we are looking for, as Chuck asked, is any changes that could explain the problem.

If nothing has changed, I would contact LOR support.

C7 candle sticks are the test panel (16). They did play in the sequence editor but , not now. I haven't changed any thing as far as I know. In the instruction manual it tells how to test the lights and I've tried it many times to no avail. Since it doesn't which is at fault? Computer or the controller? How do you defrag the computer? Maybe the harddrive is full? Although I sequenced 8 songs since and they work on the sequence editor. I can make the show on the show editor but will not run the lights. Music plays though.

Gerald,
Let's try something.

Remove all sequences from your show editor.

Make sure all sequences are on your hard drive.

Make sure all songs are in an audio file on your hard drive and wav. form.

Now in sequence editor with out anything hooked up check and see if your sequence will play and the music plays with it. If the music does not play with it then go to editor and import the song that goes with that sequence. Check to make sure times are the same. Now try to play the sequence.

Now close out the sequence editor. Hook up your controller. Open to hardware utility and search for your controller. Once that has been successful then close out hardware utility.

Open sequence editor and then run a sequence. Every thing should work. Also, while I am thinking of it. Do you use the same CAT5 cable outside that you are using inside? If not try that and test your outside cable. If you do not have a tester they sell a good little cheap one at HD.

Hope this helps. If not contact Dan directly and he will get you up and running.

Unless something has changed you can't test the lights because the Hardware Utility cannot connect to the controller. That's a computer issue. On mine the comm port is 6, not 3. Until you can "see" the controller through the hardware utility it will never do anything you try to tell it to through the hardware utility. Try selecting a different port but not 1, 2, or 3. You are plugging the controller in through the USB converter, Correct? I lost mine once, try unpluging the USB and plugging back in.

Next, I think that LOR sequence editor prefers that you put all the music files in the LOR subdirectory "Audio". Not that that is critical for sequencing but to build the show it will search for the files there. All fo the sequences should be in the "Sequence" subdirectory. Again, not that that is critical for sequencing but to build the show it will search for the files there. For the show the audio files should be .mp3 files set at 128 kbps.

Because you have everything scattered in different locations you will have to reload the media files (music) AFTER you have the music located in the proper directory (this is what they are referring to when they say "map the file", means to locate it on the computer). Open each sequence in the sequence editor and go to Edit/Media file/ and load the music file again, using the correct location, if you don't the sequence can't find it.

Try fixing one thing at a time and if something does not work, report what happens. If the sequences are not playing because they do not have music files, that's different than if the file is missing or corrupt.

Brian

There may be more than one issue going on here, and I think we have data from more than one point in time..

It is possible that the sequence that does not play in the sequence editor is just a question of getting the audio file synced up.. One way to test would be to make a copy of the sequence and rename to .las instead of .lms If it plays in the sequence editor with that extension, it is probably just an issue opening the media (audio) file. (I think that test is still valid under 2.0.16)

I think the other issue sounds like as part of a show, it plays a few bars of the sequence, then hangs... The probable issue here is a channel in the sequence configuration that has a controller type assigned, but no controller number, or channel number is set. (been there, done that, Halloween night) (teach me to add elements on the last day!!:?) Open up the sequence in the sequence editor, and then open the channel property grid, and make sure that if the controller type is set, that the controller and channel are set. If the channel is just internal for your use, without any lights, make sure it is set to "not defined", so the show player does not hang when it tries to figure out how to turn on a LOR channel with no controller number or channel number.

- Kevin

I sure appreciate all the time you've all spent with me. Nuts and bolts I understand but I think I'll have to call in my son to help out with understanding this. If I could see it done I would be okay.