Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't shut lights off

gerald sundberg

When I first tested the lights on my test panel they did all functions. Then I made some sequences and run them and all worked. Yesterday my son and I decided its time to try the display. So we run all the cords and plugged every thing in. the lights came on and thats it. So I disconected it all and brought inside and plugged it into the test panel again, lights came on but cannot do any thing else with them. Now ther comes up on the screen 8&H80004005 unspecified error also out of memory and 85 show editor pop ups. Any ideas?

gerald sundberg wrote:

Then I made some sequences and run them and all worked. Yesterday my son and I decided its time to try the display. So we run all the cords and plugged every thing in. the lights came on and thats it. So I disconected it all and brought inside and plugged it into the test panel again, lights came on but cannot do any thing else with them.

after you reconnected everything. did you try to do a hardware utility test. it lets you see the controlers. sound like you didnt. make sure your pc sees the controlers before going on. make sure the led is on steady.

It is a 1602 and it does have a stand alone feature on it. The control panel now says port not found, serial port (comm 3) assigned to lor has a problem, you may need to select another port, subscript out of range. I'm using a windows XP program on a seperate PC for my display does this have anything to do with it? Could the hard drive be full or some thing? I'm new to this computer stuff so please bare with me.

Here's how the show editor is set up. I have no back ground lighting to use so I'm not using that part. Start up I have one minute of just lights doing their thing. I just noticed that if I don't have the musical CDin the D drawer I cannot play the sequence, and when I do the lights come on and stay on. Do I have to have the whole show put on a CD? I'm getting a little concerned because I've got a TV crew coming after Thanksgiving.

As far as I know you need to have the music and sequence file on the hard drive of the computer. Probably best to reset the read only bit when you move to the computer.

Try moving your files to the appropriate folders on the computer that is having the problem and retry.

Chuck

I think I need to rip the CD that I'm using onto the hard drive as you said Bill. I tried doing that but nothing happens. I can play the music okay . I've ripped other songs from other cd's and it worked fine, what am I missing?

Yes my sequences are on the hard drive. I dont know about remaping media file though, as I'm new to this computer stuff. Okay, here's what I see now, I can rip other cd's but not the one I used for my first nights show. Can I play the show with the cd in the pc? I have the sequencing done, the show editor all built, just have to get the schedule part done.

Gerald, let's back up for a second.

You have a programmed several sequences in LOR, correct? They play OK in the sequence editor (which is were you created the sequence) correct?

When you say "Then I made some sequences and run them and all worked" were did they work? In the sequence editor or on the controller?

When you try to physically control your lights via the sequence editor, this is where you are having your problem?

Now you cannot control your lights with the hardware utility, correct?

You have reset your controllers.

This does not sound like a sequence or media issue. The out of memory message is interesting. What is the current state of your computer? Do you have adequate system memory? When was the last time you defrag'd your hard drive? Do you regularly scan for spyware, etc?

I think we need to get your computer to talk to your controller via the hardware utility first. What version LOR and Hardware utility are you running?

I have sequenced around thirty songs so far. They did orignaly work on the test panel now they won't. The first ones I did for my first nights show, now will not play on the sequence editor, the others do. I've reset the hwd utility panel according to the manual. The lights will chase a few times and then stay on steady and will not shut off. the only way to shut them off is to pull the plug. I am not connected to the internet so no spyware stuff. The controller is 01-ctb16pc ver 4.02 soft ware v2.0.16 I tried this morning to make a show using the sequences that do play but no luck. The lights stay on steady but the music plays. Is any of that any help?