Can't shut lights off

gerald sundberg

When I first tested the lights on my test panel they did all functions. Then I made some sequences and run them and all worked. Yesterday my son and I decided its time to try the display. So we run all the cords and plugged every thing in. the lights came on and thats it. So I disconected it all and brought inside and plugged it into the test panel again, lights came on but cannot do any thing else with them. Now ther comes up on the screen 8&H80004005 unspecified error also out of memory and 85 show editor pop ups. Any ideas?

gerald sundberg wrote:

Then I made some sequences and run them and all worked. Yesterday my son and I decided its time to try the display. So we run all the cords and plugged every thing in. the lights came on and thats it. So I disconected it all and brought inside and plugged it into the test panel again, lights came on but cannot do any thing else with them.

after you reconnected everything. did you try to do a hardware utility test. it lets you see the controlers. sound like you didnt. make sure your pc sees the controlers before going on. make sure the led is on steady.

It is a 1602 and it does have a stand alone feature on it. The control panel now says port not found, serial port (comm 3) assigned to lor has a problem, you may need to select another port, subscript out of range. I'm using a windows XP program on a seperate PC for my display does this have anything to do with it? Could the hard drive be full or some thing? I'm new to this computer stuff so please bare with me.

Here's how the show editor is set up. I have no back ground lighting to use so I'm not using that part. Start up I have one minute of just lights doing their thing. I just noticed that if I don't have the musical CDin the D drawer I cannot play the sequence, and when I do the lights come on and stay on. Do I have to have the whole show put on a CD? I'm getting a little concerned because I've got a TV crew coming after Thanksgiving.

As far as I know you need to have the music and sequence file on the hard drive of the computer. Probably best to reset the read only bit when you move to the computer.

Try moving your files to the appropriate folders on the computer that is having the problem and retry.

Chuck

Yes my sequences are on the hard drive. I dont know about remaping media file though, as I'm new to this computer stuff. Okay, here's what I see now, I can rip other cd's but not the one I used for my first nights show. Can I play the show with the cd in the pc? I have the sequencing done, the show editor all built, just have to get the schedule part done.

Gerald, let's back up for a second.

You have a programmed several sequences in LOR, correct? They play OK in the sequence editor (which is were you created the sequence) correct?

When you say "Then I made some sequences and run them and all worked" were did they work? In the sequence editor or on the controller?

When you try to physically control your lights via the sequence editor, this is where you are having your problem?

Now you cannot control your lights with the hardware utility, correct?

You have reset your controllers.

This does not sound like a sequence or media issue. The out of memory message is interesting. What is the current state of your computer? Do you have adequate system memory? When was the last time you defrag'd your hard drive? Do you regularly scan for spyware, etc?

I think we need to get your computer to talk to your controller via the hardware utility first. What version LOR and Hardware utility are you running?

I have sequenced around thirty songs so far. They did orignaly work on the test panel now they won't. The first ones I did for my first nights show, now will not play on the sequence editor, the others do. I've reset the hwd utility panel according to the manual. The lights will chase a few times and then stay on steady and will not shut off. the only way to shut them off is to pull the plug. I am not connected to the internet so no spyware stuff. The controller is 01-ctb16pc ver 4.02 soft ware v2.0.16 I tried this morning to make a show using the sequences that do play but no luck. The lights stay on steady but the music plays. Is any of that any help?

Are you using any lights that may be like compact florecent lights, like in a tune to sign? Are using any lights that may have transformers in the power supply. If so for a test, unplug these items and try your sequence.

Some of these type items CAN cause noise to feedback into the AC line and create undesired behavior.

Since you said it did work and does not now. I am making an assumption that you probably made some changes in the actually light set up and possibly added one of the above items.

Just a shot in the dark without being able to be there to see.

Chuck

What is your test panel? Is it a model representation your display? Any chance it was damaged?

Just to be clear...you have sequences that at one time would play in your sequence editor. Now they do not. If nothing was changed in the sequences, it may be a problem in LOR. You could remove the the program, do a registry wipe, and reinstall.

Also, at one time you could control your lights via the hardware utility and now you cannot. Again, what we are looking for, as Chuck asked, is any changes that could explain the problem.

If nothing has changed, I would contact LOR support.

C7 candle sticks are the test panel (16). They did play in the sequence editor but , not now. I haven't changed any thing as far as I know. In the instruction manual it tells how to test the lights and I've tried it many times to no avail. Since it doesn't which is at fault? Computer or the controller? How do you defrag the computer? Maybe the harddrive is full? Although I sequenced 8 songs since and they work on the sequence editor. I can make the show on the show editor but will not run the lights. Music plays though.

Gerald,
Let's try something.

Remove all sequences from your show editor.

Make sure all sequences are on your hard drive.

Make sure all songs are in an audio file on your hard drive and wav. form.

Now in sequence editor with out anything hooked up check and see if your sequence will play and the music plays with it. If the music does not play with it then go to editor and import the song that goes with that sequence. Check to make sure times are the same. Now try to play the sequence.

Now close out the sequence editor. Hook up your controller. Open to hardware utility and search for your controller. Once that has been successful then close out hardware utility.

Open sequence editor and then run a sequence. Every thing should work. Also, while I am thinking of it. Do you use the same CAT5 cable outside that you are using inside? If not try that and test your outside cable. If you do not have a tester they sell a good little cheap one at HD.

Hope this helps. If not contact Dan directly and he will get you up and running.