Light-O-Rama Forums

Preview Name Change Seems to Effect all Sequences not Just the One Being Worked

machtoo

I started working on a neighbor's older S4 sequences.  I opened in S5 using my own preview as a start.  Once in the sequencer, I edited the Preview Design eliminating props he does not have.  I changed the name and saved.  My issue is I saved and closed the older sequence and opened one of my own and it wants to use the edited preview design and doesn't list my own preview.  I selected revert to other version and it opened my own original preview.  I would have thought my sequences would know to use my own preview by name.  Is there a reason the modified preview with a new name is not listed in additional to my own preview?

Simple example:  My preview is A.  Opened a neighbor's sequence using my preview A.  Modified the preview in preview design and set name as B and saved.  Saved neighbor's sequence with preview B.  Closed it. Opened my sequence that used A originally and to wants to use preview B which is incorrect.  I was hoping to not have to create a new preview for his sequences from scratch.

Any insight?  Obviously I am missing a step somewhere or it does not work as I expected with editing an existing preview and trying to save as a new name.

Thanks

If you rename a Preview in the Preview Window in an attempt to Save As a new copy ... that won't work. The only thing it will do is rename the Preview.

Look in the Previews tab, there is a "copy" button, at least in version 5.5.16. I don't know how long it's bee there. (4th icon, btw) From there you can make a copy of the Preview and give it a new name.