Light-O-Rama Forums

Superstar error importing effect

KenLytle

I am following directions, and have done successfully in the past. I open SE, select motion row, insert effect, SS opens, I select effect and audio, play to confirm all is well. When closing SuperStar all saves well. But instead of adding the existing sequence I get an error code of:

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Users\Ken\Documents\Light-O-Rama\LORInternal\SuperStarResponse.lid' because it is being used by another process.

I have nothing else open, I have shut everything down and started again with same result 3 times.

Any help appreciated.

Thank You

Ken

The SuperStarResponse.lid is one of the files used to transfer the data between superstar and the sequencer. Superstar writes the file and then the Sequencer reads it.

I have seen this problem happen in a few other cases. This most commonly happens when running on a cloud drive, or any drive that may have a delay in the read and write of files. I believe what is happening is that the Sequencer tries to read the file before the file is closed.

But it does not appear that the path you give is on a cloud drive. Is it a normal local drive?

Everything is on pc correct, Local drive. Only thing kept in cloud is backups.

The sequence I purchased from you yesterday imported fine on another track. This is a different track and different tree sequence. 

You have helped me a few times already, Do you ever sleep? :)

Ken

I do stay up late, but I'm getting old, I often take a nap in the middle of the day. Nice to be self-employed!

As for the "process cannot access the file" error, I'm pretty sure it is happening for the reason I stated. I'm going to ask Matt Brown and get his opinion.

I have a google drive backup on certain folders. I paused that backup drive and it worked. One of the folders it backs up is the Light O Rama folder.  Ill make sure this is turned off going forward when sequencing. TY For the "Cloud" input. I would have never found it.

And if this is exactly what you were talking about and I misunderstood, I'm sorry.. lil slow at times :)

Ken

The previous person that reported this problem had their lightorama folder on a cloud drive. I did not know about there being cloud backup, so now I know. Glad you found the problem!

By the way, Matt Brown, the programmer for the Sequencer has said he will put a retry loop in the code to prevent this problem in the future. So after the next release this problem should go away.