Light-O-Rama Forums

So now I want to preview with Show on Demand...

Donl1150

..... can this be done in S5

In S4, with  the USB Adapter plugged in to the PC but not connected to a controller, you could watch the show on the PC with the Visualizer running.  I am trying to do the same now in S5 but the Visualizer has been replaced with Preview which is in the SE.  When trying to do a Show on Demand it looks like the only way to use the Preview screen is to have the SE open but then a Com fault occurs.

Any way around that so you can run Preview and watch a Show on Demand?

Yep, gone in S5.  There have been many requests for some way to get that functionality back - either for a show on demand or for the normal live show.

• Like 1

Pretty much what it says. If the listener is running, then Control Panel is running, the Sequencer will enable Control Lights, and take the com port. You will get a pop up confirmation at startup.

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I may be wrong but I don't think it is possible in S5. One of the features we lost.

Still hold out hope so I can move to S5.  Nice you said one of.    I spent all summer trying to get ready for S5 by removing the many macro commands not supported in S5.

2 hours ago, ItsMeBobO said:

Still hold out hope so I can move to S5.  Nice you said one of.    I spent all summer trying to get ready for S5 by removing the many macro commands not supported in S5.

I think you are smart and talented enough to pull the S5 trigger. Besides, you have mad computer skills. Last year today is when I started playing around with S5. Even though it was in beta for 3 years it has since came a long ways. Crawl, walk, run,

JR