Light-O-Rama Forums

Outline my house with pixels Questions

Kulpy

Okay, So i am getting into to pixels this year. My numbers below are 2" spacing

Question 1 is, What is a good square pixel spacing on a house outline? And do they fit in a 3/4" J channel ?

Question 2 is, from back soffit to peak is 93 pixels and peak to front soffit is 93 pixels then front soffit is 206 pixels, So my question is can I do 100 connection to port, 100 connection to port, 100 connection to port, 100 connection to port, with 8 left over. Everything I see is they put their connections like at the peak and corners.

Question 3 is, does the 25' extensions take any power away from the pixels. 

I am sure I will have other questions but for now that is it. Thank for any advice

9 minutes ago, Kulpy said:

Okay, So i am getting into to pixels this year. My numbers below are 2" spacing

Question 1 is, What is a good square pixel spacing on a house outline? And do they fit in a 3/4" J channel ?

Question 2 is, from back soffit to peak is 93 pixels and peak to front soffit is 93 pixels then front soffit is 206 pixels, So my question is can I do 100 connection to port, 100 connection to port, 100 connection to port, 100 connection to port, with 8 left over. Everything I see is they put their connections like at the peak and corners.

Question 3 is, does the 25' extensions take any power away from the pixels. 

I am sure I will have other questions but for now that is it. Thank for any advice

1- Whatever you like and can afford for spacing. If you watch the video I posted today you will see my rectangular nodes. There is 1" spacing between each module of 3 pixels

2- Which controller?

3- Yes

JR

I am looking at the plug-n-show pixel package 12v.

JR, I saw in another post you said to someone about adding another power supply to the controller. Do you have to do that?

Thank You

Edited by Kulpy

1 hour ago, Kulpy said:

I am looking at the plug-n-show pixel package 12v.

JR, I saw in another post you said to someone about adding another power supply to the controller. Do you have to do that?

Thank You

You do not "have" to do that. I do that when I build mine. The LOR packages can handle their own though. I use a lot of extensions on mine so I like to have a power supply on each bank. I have never had to inject power. 

JR