Light-O-Rama Forums

Bang - AJR (2020)

hasslerk

If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step — known as a theory — in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon. ... Theories may change, or the way that they are interpreted may change, but the facts themselves don't change........

the Fact is, you don’t need power injection..... JR posted evidence that proves it.

24 minutes ago, KYHI said:

Theories are tested - The Specs are certain...

9x5=45

And I have yet to see or read any documentation from LOR regarding Tested Theories..

Also just because you can - does not mean you really should or that it is safe to do so.....

You have to remember that a golden rule of business is never over state your material.

MFGs would rather be cautious than make claims that would later be proven incorrect.

LOR actually made a lot of changes based on the testing of the pixie controllers that many of us did. They so not have to post our findings, the simply post them in their documentation , equipment and firmware updates.

The problem is when you and other post blanket statements that simply are not correct.

As I always have stated “the user should test because it depends on the situation”.

The fact remains and the proof is there, not all people need PI at 100+ nodes.

When someone sees a post that states otherwise they start searching “how to PI” which  oils lead them down an in needed path that can add elements to wiring that can create other problems.

Reading documents and manuals in no way makes anyone an expert at any subject.

If it did human beings would have never advanced. We would still be using sticks and stones to make markings on the ground or rocks.

No hard feelings I have always voiced my findings through trials and facts, not from manuals.

JR

Actually LOR does not recommend PI... And I have seen the recommendation for 12v PI at 180 watt..

Also 12 volt has 5 times greater travel distance than 5 volt

Edited by KYHI

14 minutes ago, KYHI said:

Actually LOR does not recommend PI... And I have seen the recommendation for 12v PI at 180 watt..

Also 12 volt has 5 times greater travel distance than 5 volt

Your comment was power injection required or needed. Was not voltage related. I have no testing of 5v pixels.

Most of us that have used pixels for a while will always say “test to find out” and I do not personally know anyone that has used PI and I help 100’s of people each year.

At the moment I have no 5v pixels so I do not comment on anything I have no on hands experience or knowledge of.  

There are reasons that most mfgs would not recommend pi. One of them being, it could cause injury or death if not properly done and I imagine they do not want to have to go to court concerning those problems.

safer than sorry

If you under power pixels you would need pi. 180 watts will run pixels but how many? I don’t have those number because I deal with 1-625 in my largest prop. 

All of my custom RGB singers , drummer and elf have 495-625.

All on one port and no PI. 

The difference is I refuse to use a 8 port or larger controller with 1 small psu and for the most part the controller is attached to the prop with no more than a 20’ extension.

That is factual user level over 4 years of running shows with pixels without any problems from the controllers and very few, actually only 2 nodes out of the thousands I have burnt out.

Last years hurricane caused the most damage and the first major repair.

JR

We can thrash this around all year, but the fact is, that come November, if you haven't tested your props, you will be in for some surprises.

• Like 1

On 1/25/2021 at 9:58 AM, tlogan said:

SO, apparently, I've been misreading the specs all along! Just so I'm sure about this....

Right now, I have a Pixie 2 running my arches. I have one strip on each output (and split each strip into two arches of 25, for total of 4 arches). If I'm now understanding correctly, I could run BOTH strips (all four of the arches) off of ONE of the outputs on the Pixie 2 and free up the other? So since I have a similar situation running a second Pixe2 with two strings of 50 bulbs, I could free up one of the Pixie 2s (or at least one output on each)? 

On 1/26/2021 at 1:13 AM, KYHI said:

The two strips would be 100 pixels - but there would also be a 6 Amp draw at 12volts on that Port when 4 Amps is the Max - so one strip of 50 pixels per port - unless you reduce the overall intensity

On 1/8/2021 at 6:27 PM, hasslerk said:

Here is another video from our Christmas show this year.  The initial mouth sequence was supplied by BobO (Thank You!) and I modified it/added to it to meet the effects I was going for.  I received a lot of positive feedback from people about the song selection, and the 2020 closure at the end.  Hope you enjoy!  Videos for all my post-Christmas light show can be found via the links in my signature block below.

Maybe the PI discussion could have its own thread.  This one is about AJR Bang! 

Edited by ItsMeBobO
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/8/2021 at 4:27 PM, hasslerk said:

Here is another video from our Christmas show this year.  The initial mouth sequence was supplied by BobO (Thank You!) and I modified it/added to it to meet the effects I was going for.  I received a lot of positive feedback from people about the song selection, and the 2020 closure at the end.  Hope you enjoy!  Videos for all my post-Christmas light show can be found via the links in my signature block below.

very nice I started out this year and trying to get some faces up and running.   Were are good places to purchase singing faces sequences?

22 minutes ago, wickedstangs said:

very nice I started out this year and trying to get some faces up and running.   Were are good places to purchase singing faces sequences?

Me, LOL.

I have about 300 free ones listed here though, sequence sharing section. You have to agree to the T&C and await your place in line. I also teach class on sequencing faces.

JR

19 minutes ago, wickedstangs said:

There are many people out here in the forums that will share their face sequences for free.  For Bang I started with a sequence from @ItsMeBobO and then modified it some and then added the rest of my props/lights.  The only place I have ever bought face sequences from is HolidaySequences.com.  I am sure others out here might know of some others.

6 minutes ago, hasslerk said:

There are many people out here in the forums that will share their face sequences for free.  For Bang I started with a sequence from @ItsMeBobO and then modified it some and then added the rest of my props/lights.  The only place I have ever bought face sequences from is HolidaySequences.com.  I am sure others out here might know of some others.

thanks for the response.  Yes, I am having great success with holidaySequences.com but trying to see what more others have... 

Yes. Search on the forum for what you want, if we don’t have it. Ask about it on the sequence sharing... make sure it’s not on here first.... 

I believe there is going to be another option open to buying sometime this year. I heard something about it a few months back. Never heard a date though.