Light-O-Rama Forums

Christmas Rhapsody featuring the Light O Rama Choir

dibblejr

2 minutes ago, tlogan said:

That will be the next Arguing Trees!

REALLY Cool. GREAT work JR!

Ive already started the arguing trees, its gonna take me a minute since I dint have a radio voice. LOL

Thank you for the compliment

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Ive already started the arguing trees,

I meant by "the next Arguing Trees" that everybody has been asking for them, this will be the next they are all asking for!

I just wish I could get the snowmen on the pop up. I may try to record them a few more times. On every camera the lights look like they are doing a very slow chase, however as you can see they are all on 100%.

I've got a lot of time in the drummer and snowmen.

Its just weird that it only happens in close up with the Snowmen.

I tried to use the zoom tool in my video software from the video above but they were to blurry.

JR

Very nice!  This is a first for me seeing "leaping circles"; I like them!  Did you use a drone for the main shot?  I by no means am an expert on photography, but the condition you described with the snowmen could be a difference between your cameras refresh rate and that of the lights on the snowmen.  But I am not sure why that same issue would not show up on other props.  Are they a different light type from the others or maybe a different kind of prop?

16 minutes ago, hasslerk said:

Very nice!  This is a first for me seeing "leaping circles"; I like them!  Did you use a drone for the main shot?  I by no means am an expert on photography, but the condition you described with the snowmen could be a difference between your cameras refresh rate and that of the lights on the snowmen.  But I am not sure why that same issue would not show up on other props.  Are they a different light type from the others or maybe a different kind of prop?

The snowmen are LED. Everything else you can see in thus video are RGB. The main video is a Drone. I have tried all settings, turned off all back lights and reordered the snowmen without any lights in the background. No difference. Its bizarre. 

I may try my cell phone next, never figured my gopro, olympus and sony would all have the same effect on the normal lights. The drone had a better look but I get motion sick watching it, high winds and the low altitude to get the focus right, it wouldn't hover correctly.

JR

Cool Jr.  I had to download the video before I could actually watch it and the effects you created.  Hopefully my new system {should be here Monday} I'll be able to watch videos online again.   My current computer locks, stutters and freezes every time I try and watch a video online, so I hear the audio, but the animations are so off,  they skip a lot of the movements between the words in the song and jump around so much like that, just can't tell what's really going on.

I have that song in collection, but because of it's complexity, I gave up on ever doing that one for the anything, even before I had the LOR Singing Trees {2, Ralphie & Zuzu} I tried doing it using my Blow Mold characters to emulae the words, every time I start it, I end up deleting.   This one I'll leave to those that can do it, just too far out of the ball park for me to go and retrieve that ball. ROFL.       If I ever use it, it won't really be synchronized to the lights, just a tossed together animation to have the lights doing something.  Will probably look like some of my original sequencing, horrible when I go back and look at some of them.   But on this particular song, that's the best I'm going to try for with it!

Your version was awesome once I got to actually see everything working together.