Light-O-Rama Forums

Could someone outline the big picture steps...... (perhaps LOR)

Donl1150

to get a sequence from s4 to s5?  I've looked at lots of videos, read lots of threads and other tips and I've found they quickly go deep into the weeds.  It is very easy to get lost, frustrated and just give up with the effort to go from s4 to s5.  Something like:

1. Grab your best s4 VIz file.
  2. Show how to import into s5 as a Preview.
  3. Show how to get sequence into s5 with proper audio file, timings, channel names and other associated data attached.  Show proper saving techniques as required.
  4. Show how to use the Playback feature and how to use the Action, Range, Slope, Type and Effect buttons.

Once a person gets the simple basics down, it would be much easier I believe in diving deeper into all of the more in depth stuff built into s5.

I personally have only made it through step 2 after about 4 hours of searching around.  My s4 Viz file looks great as a Preview but now when I try to get a sequence into s5, I get the audio file with a waveform but no channels attached and Playback button does nothing for me.  Totally lost at this point.

Is this unrealistic or am I just not that bright?

Got that far already.  Preview is in there somewhere but when I hit the Playback Window button, the audio runs properly - channels are correctly show, no errors but yet no Preview window pops up to see any lights.

Ah ha.... thank you!  Now the problem is the Preview looked perfect after importing but the sequence stretched it across entire screen distorting it dramatically.

The  Preview window can be any size or shape. It can be undocked.

I have mine full screen on a second monitor, which I, and I know Jim, highly recommend.

Righhht.....I found a Float preview button which gets it looking good but that does not show up all the time.  I can resize that nicely but how do you 'undock' it?  

34 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I have mine full screen on a second monitor, which I, and I know Jim, highly recommend.

Yes, I do recommend a second monitor (or more - I have four).  Actually my Preview is not full screen on the second monitor, it's about half the screen.  My Preview is far wider than it is tall (on screen it is 20" wide and 5.5" tall).  So it is the full width of the second monitor, but a little under half the height.