Light-O-Rama Forums

Unhiding

CKSedg

7 hours ago, CKSedg said:

How do I "unhide" a channel or group that I have hidden? S5

Phil answered your question, but if you are using S5, please update your forum profile to reflect that.  For an example of why, I ignored your other question about groups because your profile says you are using S4, and it's been several years since I used S4, so I could not answer your question.  If your profile showed that you are using S5, I would have attempted to determine what you were asking about.

So yes, having your profile reflect reality will make a difference in responses.

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

Phil answered your question, but if you are using S5, please update your forum profile to reflect that.  For an example of why, I ignored your other question about groups because your profile says you are using S4, and it's been several years since I used S4, so I could not answer your question.  If your profile showed that you are using S5, I would have attempted to determine what you were asking about.

So yes, having your profile reflect reality will make a difference in responses.

My profile DOES reflect exactly what I'm using, S4.4.14 PRO.  I am PLAYING around with S5 on another system to see if I can ever get a grasp on the thing.  So far, that's not one I'm planning on migrating too anytime soon, maybe after I get some more experience with it, I may go to S6.  But currently and for 2021 I will be staying with S4..4.14 PRO.

If you use "Hide item", then the selected prop or group is removed from the current grid view. To add it back, either: 

1) right click on any name to the left of the grid and select "Insert Preview Props and Groups", or 

2) click the grid view button and select "Append Items to View". http://www1.lightorama.com/help/grid_view_menu.htm

Matt

1 hour ago, Orville said:

...  So far, that's not one I'm planning on migrating too anytime soon, maybe after I get some more experience with it, I may go to S6.  But currently and for 2021 I will be staying with S4..4.14 PRO.

It was a shock to me when I jumped from S4 to S5, but once I figured it out, I was so glad I made the leap!  And against all advice, I did it between a Halloween and Christmas show season.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, hasslerk said:

It was a shock to me when I jumped from S4 to S5, but once I figured it out, I was so glad I made the leap!  And against all advice, I did it between a Halloween and Christmas show season.

That shock was the way things are added and put together in S5 for me.   I can't ever seem to get any prop {strand of RGB lights and Controller added to do anything.   Adding stuff the way you do in S5 is very bothersome to me, I like the old way it was doine in S4 and previous versions, it was easy and not so complex as it seems ito be {to me anyway} in S5.   If I could just get a controller and the two ports/strands of RGB lights functioning, then maybe I could move on with it.  But seems I just can not get a handle on how its done, because everything I add never works!