Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequencer Saves Preview Zoom for each Grid View

Steven

I just discovered a neat S5 feature:

You can set a different Preview zoom and position for each different grid view. This is very nice for a display like mine that is composed of 5 different houses. I have a different grid view for each house, and just notice that if I zoom into that house while viewing its grid view, it automatically switches to the same zoom position when I go back to that grid view later. Neat!

However, it doesn't seem to happen every time. Is this an intentional feature?

Is this setting stored in the Grid Configuration (export), or is it internal to the machine I'm using when sequencing?

Edited by Steven

It seems to stick when you save the sequence file. However if you change your zoom settings and close without an explicit save, it will not ask and the changes are lost.

There are no changes to the timestamps of either the Preview or the Grid view files.

@Steven I'm glad you like the feature. The zoom level of the playback window is saved with each grid view in the sequence file. In the next release, a change to the zoom level will mark the sequence as modified (asterisk in front of the file name shown on the tab), and you will get prompted to save the sequence when you close it.

Matt

On 1/6/2021 at 12:34 PM, MattBrown said:

The zoom level of the playback window is saved with each grid view in the sequence file.

Have you considered saving the zoom level in the Grid Configuration Export file?

That would require a separate grid file save for every zoom position.

If saved with the sequence file, you could have many groups, each with a zoomed position, all saved at once in the sequence file. Much simpler, and effective.

The only problem now is that if you don't save the sequence, the changes are lost. After the update, it will remind you.

If you are handy with xml you could find the entries in the sequence file  for the zoom and copy and paste them in a text editor.

4 hours ago, Steven said:

Have you considered saving the zoom level in the Grid Configuration Export file?

When I test it, it works for me.

Matt