Light-O-Rama Forums

Gen4 Mini Director with MP3 Player

Séduisant_Lights

I have a large assortment of both musical and animation sequences of which over the last few years I have played on my pc. This year I decided to automate my shows by saving them to an SD card and playing them over the LOR Mini Director. The problem I have is the majority of my sequences were created with MP4 audio files. These do not show up when building a show using the Hardware Utility. How can I save these MP4 sequences as well as the animated sequences to my SD card so they can be played over my new uMP3g3 LOR device?

You will need to convert the mp4 to mp3 using an audio editor such as the freeware Audacity. Make sure the output settings are set to 128kbps and it must be constant bit rate, or CBR.

Sure, i should have said, "don't forget to re associate the new audio files with the sequences" You may also find that sequencing is easier with the proper audio files.

By the way, If you are on 5.4, there have been a few fairly critical bugs fixed since then. You should consider updating.

Thanks. I’m planning a major upgrade to my show for next year so I’ll be using this forum for more guidance in the near future. 

• The topic was locked