Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel sequences are now goofed up…

zeighty

I have been running a 12 strand 50 pixel per megatree for three years. I do the sequencing in superstar. And add it to a regular LOR sequence. Everything was working as expected open till four days ago. Any pixel sequence that has animation is displaying incorrectly. Bad messed up. I can’t make Ryme or reason out of it. I have not made any changes, updated any programs, updated any OS files. The computer does not have access to the Internet at this time. I’ve swapped cables. I’ve reset the controller. I can ping the controller and access it’s internal set up page via an Internet browser. The controller test fine so that’s why I’m posting here instead of “general decorating”. It’s a HolidayCoro AlphaPix 16.

I was trying to think of how to describe what’s displayed and it looks like the animations are miss placed on the tree and too large spreading across too many strands perhaps. 

I’m still running 4.3. 
I have someone coming to videotape it tomorrow. I hope someone can help soon.

Any help will be most appreciated

7 minutes ago, zeighty said:

I have been running a 12 strand 50 pixel per megatree for three years. I do the sequencing in superstar. And add it to a regular LOR sequence. Everything was working as expected open till four days ago. Any pixel sequence that has animation is displaying incorrectly. Bad messed up. I can’t make Ryme or reason out of it. I have not made any changes, updated any programs, updated any OS files. The computer does not have access to the Internet at this time. I’ve swapped cables. I’ve reset the controller. I can ping the controller and access it’s internal set up page via an Internet browser. The controller test fine so that’s why I’m posting here instead of “general decorating”. It’s a HolidayCoro AlphaPix 16.

I was trying to think of how to describe what’s displayed and it looks like the animations are miss placed on the tree and too large spreading across too many strands perhaps. 

I’m still running 4.3. 
I have someone coming to videotape it tomorrow. I hope someone can help soon.

Any help will be most appreciated

I have no RGB experience but have you tried rebooting the computer, My show all AC controllers behaved weird and the reboot fixed my show. And it is a very quick fix if it works. And if it doesn't some experts will be along shortly.

Keith

Check your Alphapix settings in the advanced tab and ensure the "reverse order" is not checked.

I am assuming you are running S4 as your profile indicates.

Let me know what you find there.

Also are you using zigzag?

JR

Edited by dibblejr

My best guess is the AlphaPix lost it's channel configuration.  Go through the AlphaPix configuration and see if it makes sense (or is it what it is supposed to be).  And no, I can't help you with the AlphaPix as I have never played with one.

2 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

My best guess is the AlphaPix lost it's channel configuration.  Go through the AlphaPix configuration and see if it makes sense (or is it what it is supposed to be).  And no, I can't help you with the AlphaPix as I have never played with one.

I've been down his road several months ago. 

Once I see the OP's response hopefully I can help him resolve it. Funny how I got in to the apix. 

JR

7 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Check your Alphapix settings in the advanced tab and ensure the "reverse order" is not checked.

I am assuming you are running S4 as your profile indicates.

Let me know what you find there.

Also are you using zigzag?

JR

Thanks for the quick reply. Reverse order is not checked and I am not using zigzag. 
I will recheck my channel configuration on the AlphaPix. I am running 4.3. 
One more thing, I have several sequences that only have frequency change on the pixel sequence and they appear to be okay. Could be they are so basic I cannot tell they are wrong too. 

Edited by zeighty

55 minutes ago, zeighty said:

Thanks for the quick reply. Reverse order is not checked and I am not using zigzag. 
I will recheck my channel configuration on the AlphaPix. I am running 4.3. 
One more thing, I have several sequences that only have frequency change on the pixel sequence and they appear to be okay. Could be they are so basic I cannot tell they are wrong too. 

Do not rely on past settings. Please log in to your alphapix in the net and physically look at each port settings to ensure they are correct.

I have been down this road jog very long ago.

Pay particular attention to the reverse order but ensure everything is set correctly.

If you do not have the correct pixel chipset selected you will have errors as well.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

One more thing

Did you recently create these sequences in SS and mistaking export with the macro channels 

Or

Were these borrowed sequences  from an S5 “save as LMs” import. 

JR

Edited by dibblejr

Hi I had a problem like this on my alpha evolution it has a 16 port,and a 4 port long range with 4 long range controllers. The 16 ran fine and the all the long range controllers looked like nothing I programmed. All the config was right and I could a test and every thing worked as expected. When I talked to their service teck he suggested a controller reset.  I took a picture of the computer screen of the my config (for reference of my settings)you will also have change it back to your IP address, as the reset will go back to factory settings. Factory IP IS 192.168.0.50 I think.

Not a firmware update. 

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

One more thing

Did you recently create these sequences in SS and mistaking export with the macro channels 

Or

Were these borrowed sequences  from an S5 “save as LMs” import. 

JR

No. All but one are 2 years old and the new I purchased fro HC as ram out of time.  And they all worked fine since Thanksgiving night until 4 days ago. 

22 minutes ago, zeighty said:

No. All but one are 2 years old and the new I purchased fro HC as ram out of time.  And they all worked fine since Thanksgiving night until 4 days ago. 

Do any sequences play right or are they all garbled up or look like rows out of place?

Boy do I feel dumb... The controller lost power due to GFCI tripping several times this season. Until a few days ago this did not cause any issues. One of those times 4 days ago it lost the output configuration and was sitting at the default.  I looked at my notes and mistakenly used a config that I did when I first got started that never worked.  I should have deleted it from my notes. 

My apologies for exercising your brains for my hurried panic.  It was my output config on the AlphaPix controller.  All is back to normal, except for the strand that failed.  That I will replace tomorrow.  The video was delayed to see if I could fix it.  Thankfully.  

Again thanks for all that responded.  I really shows me how this group feels about each other.  Always trying to help. 

7 minutes ago, zeighty said:

Boy do I feel dumb... The controller lost power due to GFCI tripping several times this season. Until a few days ago this did not cause any issues. One of those times 4 days ago it lost the output configuration and was sitting at the default.  I looked at my notes and mistakenly used a config that I did when I first got started that never worked.  I should have deleted it from my notes. 

My apologies for exercising your brains for my hurried panic.  It was my output config on the AlphaPix controller.  All is back to normal, except for the strand that failed.  That I will replace tomorrow.  The video was delayed to see if I could fix it.  Thankfully.  

Again thanks for all that responded.  I really shows me how this group feels about each other.  Always trying to help. 

That's the one thing about the apix, they lose config easily.

Glad you got it back up. Thanks for the update.

JR

• 5 months later...

Does anyone have the first snow RGB outline 

If you could, please e-mail me at dxanders@gmail.com

Thank you! 

25 minutes ago, Derek Xanders said:

Does anyone have the first snow RGB outline

FYI, you would be far better to post a new topic rather than tailing on an old topic that does not really relate to your request.  If nothing else, it makes it far easier to search for when the subject matches the actual subject.

• The topic was locked