Light-O-Rama Forums

Moving from CCRII ribbons and going to move to pixel

kcurryb7

I'm looking for advice before I purchase. I want to start for next year playing with moving from CCRII ribbons to pixel bulbs either Bullet's or square's.

I see that the pixels come in 50 and 100 count strands. What happens if you only need 40 or even an 80 count. Can you cut them?

Any big difference between pixel Bullet's or square's ?

Any help would be great before I purchase this.

Kevin

17 minutes ago, kcurryb7 said:

I'm looking for advice before I purchase. I want to start for next year playing with moving from CCRII ribbons to pixel bulbs either Bullet's or square's.

I see that the pixels come in 50 and 100 count strands. What happens if you only need 40 or even an 80 count. Can you cut them?

Any big difference between pixel Bullet's or square's ?

Any help would be great before I purchase this.

Kevin

You csn cut them or just leave them hanging just in case a string goes bad and whoever you get them from warranties them.

I have found my fingers are more sore after pushing in square nodes. LOL

You want to ensure the voltage matches your psu, that's about all the differences.

JR

Make the pixel strings any length you need. Within limits of course. Square will lay a little flatter but otherwise not a lot of difference. Same guts in a different package.

You should learn basic soldering to make your custom strings and to attach lead ins and connectors. 

I buy all my pixels in 100 count and cut them to whatever I need. On the other hand if you find a deal on 50 count, take it.