Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 was a learning transition, but all of my sequences looked bad this year

Jay Czerwinski

16 minutes ago, KYHI said:

Have the license comparison Too.. The BIG PLUS to me if so choosing LOR is the Support of Users experienced with the existing devices... Although I'm not sure "Existing Devices" is what I am "Really" looking for

Well you have two choices, old devices or “existing devices” of any manufacturer.

Future devices are not out yet.

The pixielink is a future device. But documentation referencing it is a clue that it is coming about soon.

Not inly user support, some of us take that to a higher level but you will not beat the support that LOR staff provide, hands down. 

Take that along with their product warranty and you can not go wrong. 

JR

Just now, Jay Czerwinski said:

It looks like this got me to the finish line.      I updated to the latest the firmware on everything on AUX A and AUX B, and then set those two networks to 500K.    Just tested the show and it is a lot smoother from what I can tell in daylight.      THANK YOU!

My confusion what thinking that the 500K is the Enhanced speed and needs a Pro License.        Enhanced must be even faster??

Anyway, thanks again and Happy New Year.     

Glad I was able to get you there. I may not know a whole lot but I know the pixie controllers like the back of my hand.

Happy lighting

JR

So what is the meaning of "Enhanced Network" ?

The ability to send and receive compressed Packets of information ? or what ?

Edited by KYHI

1 minute ago, KYHI said:

So what is the meaning of "Enhanced Network" ?

Rather than reinvent LORs definition I pasted the link above so you could read it a while back and you said “got it already”

JR

This allows intensity files to be used for controllers on the network, which can be especially helpful with displays having large numbers of channels and lighting effects.

and then the two disclaimers - not supported by devices in stand alone mode and triggers are not supported

The basic difference is that a non-enhanced network allows any device on the network to send data.  In order to make that work, there needs to be lots of gaps in the sent data to allow some other device to get in with a packet.  This slows down the total throughput.  Very similar to an old coax based Ethernet (for those old enough to remember that).  On an Enhanced LOR network, the Director or show PC sends out a command that tells every other device to SHUT UP!  That way the Director or show PC can send data continuously.  I don't have exact numbers, but for a very rough rule of thumb, figure twice the effective data throughput by not having to leave gaps for other device.  Because of the network becoming one way, that prevents input triggers from working (and the reason that I have a network with nothing except one InputPup on it). 

• Like 1