What is everyone adding to next years show?

3 hours ago, tmcmillin2001 said:

we'll see how much cash I have come LOR spring mad grab...   interested in learning how to weld and making my own wire frames...

Welding is worth learning, it opens up lots of things you just can't do with wood or PVC.  I recommend you look into it. 

• Like 1
On 12/29/2020 at 8:30 PM, jtomason said:

Ditto - Love the display and love your sequencing.  

I've already added 2 more arches this year and relocated them to the spaces between the columns on the porch railing.   I'm still looking at options for the roofline (likely a pixel line) and replacing dumb RGBs with pixels around the windows.    It'll be my first foray into power injection...  Wish me luck.  :D

1/2" pvc conduit and the HC clips. On my 40' section I have 6 clips and they have been up there 4 years. Some of them in my garage for my test lights break easy so when the hurricane damage a section of lights I figured they would break after 4 years. I was wrong, they all stayed in place and in one piece. Go figure.

I use the rectangular ws2811 5050's They have double sided tape and screw holes but dont put to much torque on them. In 4 years it took a hurricane to wreck that one set but I did post here a video of what 4 years of AL heat and direct sunlight has done. I will be replacing all of them for 2021. I feel they were a great choice since they lasted that long. If they were not so high 40 and 60' I would take them down every year.

JR

• Like 1

Hopefully two neighbors houses which will only require me to explain what they need to do to outline pixels on their house. Most of my part is just sequencing and making the connection. For me Arches and another smaller tree. 

Overall I really need to increase my library of sequence plus improve the sequences I have.  

Edited by ~DOC~

Going all the way to the top of my boulevard trees this year (4 trees). About 60' tall. Finally got my sane and better looking half's blessing on renting a boom lift. Need to make up for 2020 as only got up about 3000 lights before the Covid put me down.