Light-O-Rama Forums

Other shows besides Christmas

ebrown1972

I am curious as to who does more than just a Christmas light show. Please, tell me what type of show(s) you do each year and if you have multiple shows what is your favorite besides Christmas. Thanks everyone

I guess I could have looked just a little further down the forum page and I would have seen what other displays some are doing. 

I've yet to do them, doubt I ever will actually, but I have considered Valentines and Easter at times, just finding songs for an Easter theme are very slim.  Valentines, I just think about all the old or new love songs that are out there{and definitely some of Weird Al's versions LOL!}.  But I find many other Holidays very slim in the music department.   Used to do Halloween, but now I only do Christmas.

In my area there just isn't enough interest to run anything but Halloween and Christmas. I have landscaping and house lights on 365 so I can change and flash those for specific Holidays.

48 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

In my area there just isn't enough interest to run anything but Halloween and Christmas. I have landscaping and house lights on 365 so I can change and flash those for specific Holidays.

I believe that would hold true to where I live also. I have considered doing some simple floods for landscape lighting

I do a simple (By youse guys standards 😛 ) Halloween.

This year I did an even simpler Red White and Blue (floods and a few LED strands on small trees) US Patriotic holidays.

With RGB (mostly Dumb), it is a snap to set a simple color theme

The 4th normally somewhat starts my season. A smaller scaled down patriotic 2-3 songs.

However this year Covid started my show March 16 and I was gonna roll it up after July 4. However July 2 the “peaceful protesters” said they was going to come up in our neighborhood so it was all taken down on July 2.

setup for Halloween in late Sept and then Mother Nature kicked up the first ever hurricane to make it up in our part of AL and messed things up.

Halloween has always been my test for Christmas. I run about 75% of my entire display at Halloween.

Christmas and New Years rolls together but I gradually remove the more traditional Christmas songs before New Years.

JR

As far as a music synchronized show, only Christmas.  However, I run landscape lighting (about 100 RGB channels) every night of the year.  I do special colors for the following:. Valentine's day, St. Patrick's day, Light up for Autism night, Police memorial week, indepence week, Fire memorial week, and a week or so before Halloween.  For Halloween night, I run the same pre-Halloween colors and a bunch of music - but it is not synchronized.

On Dec 26 I change the music from holiday themed to more contemporary (60's through today) and will run until sometime in Jan.  But I don't run anything else throughout the year. 

Thanks for the reminder.  Normally starting on the 26th, I add a "Happy New Year" announcement to the show rotation.  I had not done so yet.  Just added it.

I run a synchronized singing pumpkin Halloween show with some of the usual songs (Monster Mash, Thriller, Ghost Busters, I Want Candy) plus some other songs (Hooked on a Feeling (the Oogachaka song) and Sounds of Silence).  This is a fraction of what I put out for our holiday show, and basically kicks me to really get in gear to prepare for it.  It also gets some of the initial infrastructure in place.

I only do Christmas because my wife would have a fit if I spent all this money on just Halloween.  Christmas is big, but Halloween is the reason I started this.  Better songs.  Lots of metal, and rock.

Edited by Dcroc

Landscape lighting can be very therapeutic during those months of long days when it stays light way too late. Daylight savings time doesn't help.  I use an LOR G3 Director to run RGB floods on my fence and pixel strips on my house every night. I change the sequence for minor holidays and special events, like all blue to honor health-care workers. I use the LOR wireless devices, Pixie 8 Smart Pixel controllers and LOR dumb RGB controllers. I use this system to light our garden railroad year-round. The railroad lighting project is my Never Ending Story. I'm thankful for that, especially as I crate up Christmas. Richard

• The topic was locked