Jump to content

How do I change LOR Singing Tree info


Recommended Posts

Tried searching for this, but maybe I'm, just not getting the wording right to find it, because I couldn't find anything.

I bought two of the LOR Singing Trees, Ralphie and Zuzu, I created a prop file for the visualizer just for these two alone since they are the only ones I have.   I also DO NOT use the set LOR Unit ID's for them, mine are Ralphie is Unit ID 08/09 {only using single ID mode}, Aux B, Zuzu is Unit ID 10/11 {0A/0B}, Aux B.

They initially had been set up as Units 06/07 and 08/09, but were changed because I wanted trhe Controllers in a numerical order and not duplicated, even though on a separate Network.

I know there is a way to go in and change all this information on each LOR Singing Tree all at once, I did it once before in an earlier version of S4, but in version 4.4.14, I can't seem to locate how or where to access this aspect.  I need to get these on the correct Unit ID's and Network settings.    As currently I can't even get them to work in Simulation mode.

What I have tried and has not changed the prop content: Loading m,y current channel config file wirth the correct info in it.  Didn't work, nothing changed.  Loading a sequence with the current settings I'm using in my show, again, no changes.  Loading BOTH a sequence and the channel config file, still no changes.

I'm trying to see if I have the mouth movements correct by watching the simulation since I can't do it using the trees currently since they are in the show {but limited use}.   Very frustrating to want to add more songs to my show by adding the LOR Singing Trees, but I just can't get the visualizer to change their info so I can see them and know if I have things set properly.

Any help on getting these working in the LOR Visualizer for 4.4.14 would be greatly appreciated.

As I'm lost this go around, tried for 4 days to get the visualizer to work and am having no success at all.  Had a few new songs to add, and some updates, but guess they'll have to wait for 2021 to make it in the show.

Thank you.

 

Edited by Orville
Got a new keyboard and I'm not accustomed to it yet, so typo issues all over the place. LOL
Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you talking the Vis or your master config?

Originally when I read this it sounded like the Vis and the second time it sounded like the master config you are trying to change.

Nothing in the sequence editor itself will physically change anything in the Vis. You must set the Vis unit IDs Ect. Manually.

If it’s the Vis - Chanel Wizard would be your best friend.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Are you talking the Vis or your master config?

Originally when I read this it sounded like the Vis and the second time it sounded like the master config you are trying to change.

Nothing in the sequence editor itself will physically change anything in the Vis. You must set the Vis unit IDs Ect. Manually.

If it’s the Vis - Chanel Wizard would be your best friend.

JR

That's what I thought, but there is no Channel Wizard listed anywhere that I can find.  I went to the Edit button, then rolled over Toolbox and selected Wizards and these are the only Wizards listed:

Arch, Tree, Draw CCR, CCR Mmatrix and Draw Pixel are the only 5 wizards listed.   I can find no channel wizard anywhere to make changes to the prop file.  The file was created originally from the LOR Singing Tree sample file with all 4 trees.   I removed Eldon and Felix, kept Ralphie and Zuzu originally chnaged to Aux A and Unity ID's 06/07 and 08/09, and I need to change these to 08/09 and 10{0A}/11{0B}, but can't find the channel wizard to correct the Ralphie and Zuzu.lee file to the proper settings.

I know I used the Channel Wizard before, but I've opened up everything, everywhere in the vis program I can to locate it, but it's just not there now.    Leastwise I sure can't find it to make the necessary changes.  At least not in version 4.4.14.   If it's not under the above area, where do I located it?    I'm sure I found it in that location before, but now instead of 6 wizards, I only get the 5 listed above, no Channel Wizard to be found.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Orville said:

That's what I thought, but there is no Channel Wizard listed anywhere that I can find.  I went to the Edit button, then rolled over Toolbox and selected Wizards and these are the only Wizards listed:

Arch, Tree, Draw CCR, CCR Mmatrix and Draw Pixel are the only 5 wizards listed.   I can find no channel wizard anywhere to make changes to the prop file.  The file was created originally from the LOR Singing Tree sample file with all 4 trees.   I removed Eldon and Felix, kept Ralphie and Zuzu originally chnaged to Aux A and Unity ID's 06/07 and 08/09, and I need to change these to 08/09 and 10{0A}/11{0B}, but can't find the channel wizard to correct the Ralphie and Zuzu.lee file to the proper settings.

I know I used the Channel Wizard before, but I've opened up everything, everywhere in the vis program I can to locate it, but it's just not there now.    Leastwise I sure can't find it to make the necessary changes.  At least not in version 4.4.14.   If it's not under the above area, where do I located it?    I'm sure I found it in that location before, but now instead of 6 wizards, I only get the 5 listed above, no Channel Wizard to be found.

Open Vis

Open Your Vis file

right side of the screen you will see Fixtures/Props

Click on Props

Underneath you will see the prop

click on the name

Next box you will see General/ Fixture Properties/ Wizards

Select Wizards and follow the screen

JR

Edited by dibblejr
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

right side of the screen you will see Fixtures/Props

Click on Props

Underneath you will see the prop

click on the name

Next box you will see General/ Fixture Properties/ Wizards

Select Wizards and follow the screen

JR

Bold line the box never comes up.  I click on the name under the Props tab and then all the vis does is highlight that part of the prop in the display window{shows what color it is set too}.   If I double click on it, I get a Fixture Properties Pop Up which shows me info about the prop, but can't make changes to the Unit ID or Network settings in that window.  There are no wizards listed in the fixtures window anywhere.

I'd upload a screen shot, but don't have enough space to do so currently on the forum.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sadly the video didn't get past the screen with the pop up, it just showed that pop up, then ended the video shortly afterward.

However, I tried running that Channel Config at the top of that pop up, told it to use all new info, but it didn't change anything, when I went back and checked, info was the same before I ran that wizard.  So it's like it did nothing, even though it showed me the correct unit ID's and Networks and I told the vis to update all to the new info, it didn't take.

And I've tried every combination of settings I can think of under each of those wizards in that pop up without success. :(

 

Edited by Orville
Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, found it again and tried using it to see what happens.  Well it actually worked this time.  Last night when I finally gave up around 5am or so, it was only giving me the option New to select and reference was greyed out and couldn't be selected, this go around it auto selected use the reference file and it changed the into.

Sometimes I think these programs have a mind of their own when they want to work or not! LOL

Thanks for the help. 

Now to see if they will show up when I play a sequence, nope won't even play the sequence when Play SE is clicked, nothing happens, it looks like it should be doing something, but nothing is happening, no singing trees are showing up at all.  Just a blank screen when in simulation mode.

And yes, I closed the vis and reopened it, but not getting anything.  But the parameters are correct for the Network  the sequence says they are on and the Uniot ID's are now correct.

Any suggestions?

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Orville said:

Okay, found it again and tried using it to see what happens.  Well it actually worked this time.  Last night when I finally gave up around 5am or so, it was only giving me the option New to select and reference was greyed out and couldn't be selected, this go around it auto selected use the reference file and it changed the into.

Sometimes I think these programs have a mind of their own when they want to work or not! LOL

Thanks for the help. 

Now to see if they will show up when I play a sequence, nope won't even play the sequence when Play SE is clicked, nothing happens, it looks like it should be doing something, but nothing is happening, no singing trees are showing up at all.  Just a blank screen when in simulation mode.

And yes, I closed the vis and reopened it, but not getting anything.  But the parameters are correct for the Network  the sequence says they are on and the Uniot ID's are now correct.

Any suggestions?

I wasn't trying to do the full video because I am having some VIS problems as you will see in the video when Ralphies lights all stick on after I make the changes. Not sure what's going on but started about a month ago now but here is the full video.

Remember you will not have 2 unit IDs only 1 unit IDs with 3 channels per fixture

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

I wasn't trying to do the full video because I am having some VIS problems as you will see in the video when Ralphies lights all stick on after I make the changes. Not sure what's going on but started about a month ago now but here is the full video.

Remember you will not have 2 unit IDs only 1 unit IDs with 3 channels per fixture

 

Yes, I know they use a single ID, but I always skip the 2nd ID number when I add in the next tree, Ralphie is Unit ID 08 and Zuzu is Unit ID 0A{10}.

At least you are getting Ralphie to light up in the vis, I'm not getting anything to light up in the vis at all.  I just get a blank screen that always says "rendering" at the top, but nothing ever lights up or shows up and I let it sit after I hit play SE for a long time and nothing ever happened.  No music playing, nothing at all.  It's like the SE and Vis aren't talking to each other, and yes, I do have Control Vis checked in the SE.

 

Edited by Orville
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Orville said:

Yes, I know they use a single ID, but I always skip the 2nd ID number when I add in the next tree, Ralphie is Unit ID 08 and Zuzu is Unit ID 0A{10}.

At least you are getting Ralphie to light up in the vis, I'm not getting anything to light up in the vis at all.  I just get a blank screen that always says "rendering" at the top, but nothing ever lights up or shows up and I let it sit after I hit play SE for a long time and nothing ever happened.  No music playing, nothing at all.  It's like the SE and Vis aren't talking to each other, and yes, I do have Control Vis checked in the SE.

 

The "Play SE" button is problematic, for me it always has been. Seems to work when it wants. I avoid it. Just use the play arrow in SE. The Vis screen will minimize you just have to open it back up.

Mine lights up because there is a problem as you can see Ralphie stays lit, he should not once I click on another prop.

Since I am investing more time in S5 I simply give up on the vis for the season.

When I was describing the 2 unit ID's I meant while using the wizard. If you check the wrong box you will have 2 unit IDs assigned and then your lights wont light up for the last 8 channels. That's what I was showing by opening up the 1st - Outline and the Last - O Mouth channels to ensure you have 1-24 and not 1-16 and the 1-8.

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, checked that numbering was correct after I made the changes before saving it out.  So I'm good there.  As for getting anything to show up using the vis, I've tried both, using the Play SE in the vis with no success and no luck from using it within the SE either.   It's like the SE isn't even talking to the vis for some reason and I can't locate anything that is wrong anywhere.   

So I'm totally lost trying to figure out what's going on.   I even uninstalled and re-stalled the S4.4.14 suite, first using the LOR Registry Wipe, and still no luck in getting the trees to show up in the vis. So currently the vis doesn't show me how they look so I can be sure the mouth movements are correct because I just get a blank screen every time I enter simulation mode and try to.play the sequence from SE or the Vis, neither work at present.   

Getting extremely frustrated, even more so since I can't even use the Hub to update or edit my shows, something I planned on using quite often during the show season.  Having to use the HU and re-rite the show as NEW every time takes far too long when a simple edit could have rectified a problem, add a new sequence or change a time setting for a day or two.

This is the first time I've ever had some issues with the LOR Suite, I never had issues like this when I first started in the hobby, with, I believe, was 2.9.4, and if that version could handle the RGB stuff, I'd be very inclined to go all the way back to using that version.   This years sequencing due to my main sequencing computer getting obliterated and software problems has been a royal pain in my backside for 2020.    Sure hoping 2021 goes a lot better than 2020 has in this, and many other aspects of this horrid, lousy, year of 2020 and Covid-19!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Orville said:

Yes, checked that numbering was correct after I made the changes before saving it out.  So I'm good there.  As for getting anything to show up using the vis, I've tried both, using the Play SE in the vis with no success and no luck from using it within the SE either.   It's like the SE isn't even talking to the vis for some reason and I can't locate anything that is wrong anywhere.   

So I'm totally lost trying to figure out what's going on.   I even uninstalled and re-stalled the S4.4.14 suite, first using the LOR Registry Wipe, and still no luck in getting the trees to show up in the vis. So currently the vis doesn't show me how they look so I can be sure the mouth movements are correct because I just get a blank screen every time I enter simulation mode and try to.play the sequence from SE or the Vis, neither work at present.   

Getting extremely frustrated, even more so since I can't even use the Hub to update or edit my shows, something I planned on using quite often during the show season.  Having to use the HU and re-rite the show as NEW every time takes far too long when a simple edit could have rectified a problem, add a new sequence or change a time setting for a day or two.

This is the first time I've ever had some issues with the LOR Suite, I never had issues like this when I first started in the hobby, with, I believe, was 2.9.4, and if that version could handle the RGB stuff, I'd be very inclined to go all the way back to using that version.   This years sequencing due to my main sequencing computer getting obliterated and software problems has been a royal pain in my backside for 2020.    Sure hoping 2021 goes a lot better than 2020 has in this, and many other aspects of this horrid, lousy, year of 2020 and Covid-19!

 

One thing to note, the vis uses a lot of computer resources, could be your processor cant handle it. You also may want to try closing SE, close the Vis, open SE and then open the vis. Sometimes if the vis or sequence is open first (i cant remember which order) the vis will not play.

Other than that the video pretty much showed everything.

Prior to the video the vis would not play my sequence that I was trying to test for you. After the video it played through the vis screen. Between Camtasia and the vis my resources must have been used up and this is an I7 gaming computer.

Merry Christmas

I do have an animation I built but it is for normal channels. You could use that to sequence and the copy paste in to RGB. That makes it easier for me to sequence for S5, i don't like looking at that black RGB screen for the time it takes to sequence the faces.

One more note, your screen resolution for a laptop should be  1200x415 for a desktop 1737x600 that is for the LOR faces.

Merry Christmas

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/25/2020 at 12:48 PM, dibblejr said:

One thing to note, the vis uses a lot of computer resources, could be your processor cant handle it. You also may want to try closing SE, close the Vis, open SE and then open the vis. Sometimes if the vis or sequence is open first (i cant remember which order) the vis will not play.

Other than that the video pretty much showed everything.

Prior to the video the vis would not play my sequence that I was trying to test for you. After the video it played through the vis screen. Between Camtasia and the vis my resources must have been used up and this is an I7 gaming computer.

Merry Christmas

I do have an animation I built but it is for normal channels. You could use that to sequence and the copy paste in to RGB. That makes it easier for me to sequence for S5, i don't like looking at that black RGB screen for the time it takes to sequence the faces.

One more note, your screen resolution for a laptop should be  1200x415 for a desktop 1737x600 that is for the LOR faces.

Merry Christmas

JR

Even my old, original sequencing computer before I had to move to this one couldn't do that kind of resolution.   Current monitor I have to use only supports 1024x768, and the singing trees I have Ralphie and Zuzu LEE file I made worked fine on this monitor, that's before I had to change the Open GL in the SE to #33 so I could see the Twinkle and Shimmer effects correctly displayed.   Then it worked for a day or so, computer rebooted and then the vis stopped working, but nothing is or has changed in any settings when everything was functioning perfectly before the reboot.

So by all rights it should still work.   I've also tried the Vis open first, then SE, SE first then Vis, both still give the same result, no singing trees show up in the vis when the sequence is played.

Has me completely puzzled.  Looked at the computer resources being used and there is more than enough resources for things to be working, all that's open is the Vis and the SE.  Nothing else.  Very perplexing.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you tried to make just a simple Vis?

Just make a couple light strings and a dummy sequence with just a simple Reg NW unit 1 setup and see if you get lights in the vis

See if you get it working for a simple Vis.

Have you went through the Vis settings?

JR

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2020 at 10:00 AM, TheDucks said:

Orville, Do you have a newer HD TV? You might use that if you PC can do better than 1024 to a different monitor.

I did.  Had a great and very nice 42" HDTV I was using, not in the trash.   I'll just say some of the male cats had a difference of opinion and knocked it off my desk to the floor, destroying the display.  Rendered it completely useless.  With it I had my resolution at 1900x1280.    Until I can get a little more $$, I'll replace it.  It wasn't that expensive, less than $100 from Wal-Mart.   Didn't even have it a year, just bought it this past April 2020.  But warranty ain't going to cover pet attitude damages.  Hopefully I'll be able to replace it soon.

The VIS was working on the current monitor, but for some reason just quit.  And I can't find any logical reason for it!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...