Light-O-Rama Forums

Copying From One Sequence to Another

kzziboy

Hey Everyone.

Is there a way to copy an RGB Pixel part of a sequence from one sequence to another?  Same song, just a different set of sequences.

I'm guessing it's not that simple...but in case there's a way, I would like to know.

Thanks!

Sure you can do it, but the timings will be completely different. Put simply, the notes are in different places.

5 hours ago, kzziboy said:

Hey Everyone.

Is there a way to copy an RGB Pixel part of a sequence from one sequence to another?  Same song, just a different set of sequences.

I'm guessing it's not that simple...but in case there's a way, I would like to know.

Thanks!

What is it you are exactly trying to do? Im not sure I understand. To me your question is very vague.

Are you trying to simply copy/ paste and RGB sequence in to an RGB sequence a RGB sequence in to a LED sequence (grey channels)?

Or just a part you like from a doner sequence to your own?

I do all of them in many combinations.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

11 hours ago, kzziboy said:

Hey Everyone.

Thanks!

I do this all the time.  But you may need to tweak it if it's not being used in the same exact song or in the same section of the same song.

For example I have many songs that repeat the same lyrics or musical notes{instrumental sections}, I copy from the first section to the 2nd section that sounds the same, but the beat may be slightly different, so I have to tweak the pasted 2nd section by using UNDO, move the section over a block or two, play again, and if it matches up perfectly, leave it, but most often I have to move it a block or a few over, and then I may have to modify the end of that section as it may be shorter or longer than the first one.

It's all possible, most times the copied, then pasted section in the same song will work with very little, if any change, and then sometimes you may have to do a bit of tweaking on it to line it up properly.

If in a different song, then it's going to take a lot more tweaking and modification to make it work.

All doable, just depends on what you're attempting to copy from and paste into.

Good Luck.

Edited by Orville

Dibblejr, you have it right.  I should have explained further.  I want to copy/paste from a doner sequence to my own.  Yes, it would be from the SAME song to a sequence of mine.  Obviously, it would line up and make more sense.

What I have is a pixie 16 controller running a 180 degree, 16 string of 50 lights pixel tree.  I'm new to S5 this year so it's a little tough.  Some of the sequences I have that I'd like to transfer to mine have RGB included in them.  I'm just not sure how I would get that info into my tree.  Do I have to somehow breakout all the channels in the grid view then paste from the old to new?  

Maybe there's a good video out there I haven't found yet that addresses this?  Usually I can pick this stuff up quick if I see it done once or twice.

Thanks so much!

2 hours ago, kzziboy said:

Dibblejr, you have it right.  I should have explained further.  I want to copy/paste from a doner sequence to my own.  Yes, it would be from the SAME song to a sequence of mine.  Obviously, it would line up and make more sense.

What I have is a pixie 16 controller running a 180 degree, 16 string of 50 lights pixel tree.  I'm new to S5 this year so it's a little tough.  Some of the sequences I have that I'd like to transfer to mine have RGB included in them.  I'm just not sure how I would get that info into my tree.  Do I have to somehow breakout all the channels in the grid view then paste from the old to new?  

Maybe there's a good video out there I haven't found yet that addresses this?  Usually I can pick this stuff up quick if I see it done once or twice.

Thanks so much!

Build your pixie tree in the preview. I can send you the prop file if needed.

Add it to your grid view

Sort the channels so they are in column order I believe -

then group the individual port channels

copy paste to your hearts content

shoot me a PM with CCR tree prop file in the subject ,if yoi want it.

Include your email address.

Without the subject line I am limiting my PM reads. LOL

JR

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/23/2020 at 3:40 AM, Orville said:

If in a different song, then it's going to take a lot more tweaking and modification to make it work.

The best way to do it between different songs is to use a timing grid based on the beat, for both songs. Then copy and paste by cell.

54 minutes ago, Steven said:

The best way to do it between different songs is to use a timing grid based on the beat, for both songs. Then copy and paste by cell.

I don't use beats or timings, all my sequences use 0.05.  I just copy and paste into the same song and shift it around if needed, as I modify all my MP3's to cut them back and remove the silence at the beginning and end of the songs, sometimes I cut long silent gaps within a song out and shorten that gap to almost non-existent.

So even a beat or timing grid would not work in my case, so it's always moving, modify or shifting to copy from one sequence to another even if it's the same exact song being used or a different one, but the copy from works with the new/different song being pasted into.

Been doing it this way for years now, works out great for the way I do it and most times doesn't require to much work.  But others mileage and way of doing it may differ.   Just found this is what works for me..

54 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Orvilles been around the block a while

JR I saw the original message in my e-mail before you changed it.   Thanks for a good laugh before your edit changed it completely. ROFL

1 minute ago, Orville said:

JR I saw the original message in my e-mail before you changed it.   Thanks for a good laugh before your edit changed it completely. ROFL

I'd like to point out that I was offering my opinion for the benefit of the OP, as an alternative approach.

12 minutes ago, Steven said:

I'd like to point out that I was offering my opinion for the benefit of the OP, as an alternative approach.

Yes, that was understood.  And like I stated, others mileage may differ in the way they do it {prior to my comment to JR, whom I've never met, but still consider a great friend}. 

Not everything in this hobby is specific in the way a person may do them.  And that's why we share the way we do it, what works for me may or may not work for someone else.  Same with your suggestion.   Many people have various ways they do things, some will work for a lot of folks, perhaps even all.  But then someone shares a method they use and many may find it just as, if not more, useful.

That's why this forum is here, so we can share how we do things to make things work, sometimes they work for the poster and no one else, sometimes they work for a few that tried it.  It's all about sharing what we have learned to do and not do.   And as the software changes, the way things are done with and in it may also change {and usually do}.

This hobby is a never ending learning process for all of us, some of us get it faster than others will, some may not ever get it at all.  It's the nature of this eloquent lighting hobby we have, thanks to folks like the Light-O-Rama team, beta testers and end users of these marvelous devices.

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1