Light-O-Rama Forums

Uploading and connecting music mp3 with purchased sequence - Please Help

Ladyscholar

I just upgraded to the S5 software and I cannot figure out how to connect the light show sequences I purchased with the mp3 music. Can someone please help with step by step instructions on how to do this?

Thanks so much.

Since you said you upgraded, I am going to assume you have some familiarity with the LOR Software suite and concepts.  You will open the new purchased sequence via Sequencer.  Once you have that open and see all the channels/timing grid (I have grossly over-simplified this step) select "Sequence" from the top menu bar, then select "Media File" in the popup menu that appears.  Navigate to your audio file and select it.

Couple words of advice (from experience).  Place the purchased sequence in the Light-O-Rama Sequences directory (for ease of finding it) and make a copy and save this off somewhere (maybe a subdirectory under sequences called "backup").  For the audio, I do not know what your source was but likely it is not sampled exactly correct for use within LOR.  I always use Audacity (free) to resample the file to a constant bit rate of 128kbps.  Apple iTunes and other music sources can be all over the spectrum on sampling rate, and may also not be a constant bit rate.  The sample rate is critical if you use a LOR Director to run your show; running from a computer may be more forgiving.