Light-O-Rama Forums

4.0 to the new 5.0

dezzneefan

I am new at this and really do not have much setup on the ver 4.0 software and was able to upgrade to 5.0 but not the license type.   Is there not a Visualizer on the new 5.0?  Sorry for the dumb question.

9 minutes ago, dezzneefan said:

I am new at this and really do not have much setup on the ver 4.0 software and was able to upgrade to 5.0 but not the license type.   Is there not a Visualizer on the new 5.0?  Sorry for the dumb question.

Bet you are in Demo Mode. Look at the Windows Title bar. Your old 4.x license will not activate 5.x.

2 choices: .

1)Roll back to the highest 4.x your License allows (user the License coverage tool on the software download page)

2)Send LOR an UPGRADE 4-> 5 order (also linked on the Software page)

29 minutes ago, dezzneefan said:

Is there not a Visualizer on the new 5.0?  Sorry for the dumb question.

Not a dumb question.  The visualizer in S3 & S4 was replace with the Preview in S5.  The preview is also where ALL your channel configuration is done.

• Like 1

Have several questions sent to the help desk.   I found the new manual on line.   I am waiting to hear back on my software license upgrade.

I have several older residential controllers and not sure if they need firmware upgrade.   I can ask this question in another area if I need to.   I guess on the LOR website I can get the update firmware file needed or does the software do it for me?

If I need to post in another area please let me know.    

55 minutes ago, dezzneefan said:

I have several older residential controllers and not sure if they need firmware upgrade. 

As a general rule of thumb, there is no need to update firmware on controllers - unless there is a specific need.  For example, I have three sets of the original CCPs.  I had to update the firmware on those in order to allow them to operate on an Enhanced LOR network.

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

Send LOR an UPGRADE 4-> 5 order (also linked on the Software page)

An UPGRADE refers to License LEVEL. IE, going from Advanced to Pro.

A RENEWAL will allow you to maintain your license LEVEL, but activate a higher VERSION (4.x, 5.x, etc.) of the software.

If you are keeping your same license LEVEL, then you only need a renewal.
If you think that maybe you are going to want features in Pro, then you would want to UPGRADE to that license level. (Ie, Advanced to Pro)