Light-O-Rama Forums

Bought Replacement Ribbon on Ebay - Its GBR and not RGB. How to fix sequences?

Jay Czerwinski

Over time, my CCRs fail and I try to fix them with poor results - and it takes time.

So I have been buying used/older CCRs on eBay for backup.    

This weekend a ribbon freaked out in the middle.   So I grabbed one of my other ribbons ( has a different chip layout but same LED spacing) and went on the roof and replaced it on the spot.

But last night I noticed all of the colors were wrong.   Through testing, I see that it is in GBR order.   

I have been trying to find a way to fix this  in HU, SE, Preview, etc. with no good results.     

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!        Thank you in advance!    Jay 

You can change the color order in the controller config. However, all pixie controllers can only set the color order for the board and NOT each port. So if one ribbon is RGB and the other is GBR there is really nothing you can do but make sure all ribbons on that board are RGB or GBR.

2 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

You can change the color order in the controller config. However, all pixie controllers can only set the color order for the board and NOT each port. So if one ribbon is RGB and the other is GBR there is really nothing you can do but make sure all ribbons on that board are RGB or GBR.

Thanks for the fast feedback.  This is not using a pixie controller, but the original little silver box controller that comes with a CCR purchase.  CR150D.  One ribbon to a controller.  

1 hour ago, Jay Czerwinski said:

Thanks for the fast feedback.  This is not using a pixie controller, but the original little silver box controller that comes with a CCR purchase.  CR150D.  One ribbon to a controller.  

You can change the color order in Prop Def. in S5.

You should be able to change the color order in HU as well. That controller is a pixie2. 

I may be incorrect on my statement that you should be able to change the color order. I cant find anything except RGB in the manual. I know in S4 there was an extra screen while adding a device for these but I cant remember if there was an option for the color order. These may be RGB only. 

If they are RGB only I am no sure if the color order in prop def will help or not. All things equal. if I use HU and accidentally use Prop Def to add or change something, it doubles down and I get double changes. Perhaps it will work for you in prop def.

JR

Below is the documentation

CR10D (lightorama.com)

Edited by dibblejr

2 hours ago, Mr. P said:

If you have the latest Pixie FW, Use the Advanced button (pixie config), then you CAN set individual color order

1 minute ago, TheDucks said:

If you have the latest Pixie FW, Use the Advanced button (pixie config), then you CAN set individual color order

So the newest FW allows color order per port now?

18 minutes ago, Mr. P said:

So the newest FW allows color order per port now?

Yes.  (note it may need a recent 4.4.x)

In HU: select the Pixie: Config (button): Cosmic Color Config: then click Advanced on that screen

Read his message - this is NOT a Pixie controller.  The Original CCR controllers long pre-dated the Pixie series.

Those controllers were designed for a specific ribbon and pretty sure they do not allow control of color order.

I highly recommend against modifying your sequences unless you REALLY have no other choice.  If you have additional ribbons, see if you have another spare that is correct.

I will try that after show ends.   I did click on the advanced button and it said it was not supported - but I did not think to update the firmware.    I'll post my results tomorrow.  THANK YOU as this may save me from having to go on the roof again!

I updated the CR150D firmware to V1.19 is the latest I could see online.    It installed successfully.  When I click on the advanced configuration button, I get "Controller does not support Advanced Configuration Changes"

13 hours ago, k6ccc said:

I highly recommend against modifying your sequences unless you REALLY have no other choice.  If you have additional ribbons, see if you have another spare that is correct.

I think that is what I will have to do later today.  Cut up bits of old failed ribbons to try to get a single working one......    

33 minutes ago, Jay Czerwinski said:

I updated the CR150D firmware to V1.19 is the latest I could see online.    It installed successfully.  When I click on the advanced configuration button, I get "Controller does not support Advanced Configuration Changes"

Was this the Advanced on the Configuration Dialog (That message makes me believe it was). The one I am talking about is on the PIXIE/CC (button) Dialog

6 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

Was this the Advanced on the Configuration Dialog (That message makes me believe it was). The one I am talking about is on the PIXIE/CC (button) Dialog

He is NOT using a Pixie controller.  This is the original CCR controller that LONG PRE-DATED the Pixie series.  It does not support most of the options of the Pixie series controllers.

I am running the original Cosmic Color Pixels (which came out in 2012 as I recall, and are several years newer than the original CCRs), and I also have zero control of the color order.

46 minutes ago, Jay Czerwinski said:

think that is what I will have to do later today.  Cut up bits of old failed ribbons to try to get a single working one......    

That is a pain in the butt with ribbons - especially if you need them to be water proof.  Good luck.

28 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

When I press that button, I only have options to change Unit ID Mode, Pixel Count/Resolution, Stand alone speed, Macro options, and Channel mode to be Triples (RGB) or Sequential (RRR...., GGG..., BBB...)   - No options to change RGB to other format like GBR.  I think Jim is right to identify this is not a pixie equivalent.  

13 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

That is a pain in the butt with ribbons - especially if you need them to be water proof.  Good luck.

Thanks Jim for the well wishes.   Yup - Outdoor setup so I will have to work the rectangular sleeve seams too.