Light-O-Rama Forums

sequencer editor not stopping

sysco

play a sequence,  comes to the end and it starts over again hit stop keeps on playing no control over sequencer editor,  buttons everything is gray  any ideas thank  you 

Hate to sound like a broken record, but have you rebooted lately. Is the loop play back at end checked in the Playback menu, although the stop button should still work.

6 hours ago, sysco said:

play a sequence,  comes to the end and it starts over again hit stop keeps on playing no control over sequencer editor,  buttons everything is gray  any ideas thank  you 

Normally I see this on digitally remastered material, normally happens as I get close to the end and sequencing those little 1/20 grids. I find it happens a lot to others that use borrowed music from youtube as well. 

When it happens normally you have to hit control/alt/del. 

JR

One other thing, if it's the same sequence and MP3, then I'd edit the MP3 file with a Music Editor like Audacity, then resave it out as a CBR and lower bit rate, LOR recommends 128K {I have used 192K for years with no issues, both with Computer and Director run shows} and I delete the silent parts at the beginning and ending of a music file.  As I have had this issue from time to time, and this is the starting point I use of editing an MP3 to get it to work properly, and then do additional edits if I want to shorten the MP3 file length or make other edits to the song.

99% of the time after I've edited the beginning and ending silent parts out, changing to CBR, and lowering the bit rate of the MP3, it then usually works without further problems.  There are some occasions where I may need to do a little additional editing/change to the MP3 file, then it works fine.

However, DO NOT EDIT the original MP3 file, make a copy of it and work on the copy in a different folder {I have a folder named EDITS} when editing any MP3 files.  This keeps your original intact, just in case you really mess up and need to make a new copy and re-edit the file.

Just how I take care of my unruly MP3 files that may give me problems.