Light-O-Rama Forums

Show stops running during scheduled run time.

Lou Knudson

I am using 32 channels of LOR and the sequences I purchased from them. I have had a problem with the show stopping during the scheduled run time. When this happens the lights and the music stops, but the status indicator shows it is still playing.

I've been letting it run while getting other things ready, but if I recall correctly the LED's in the controller's were blinking vs. being on steady when the show is running. The only way I could get it to restart was to turn off the computer by using the power button as shut down and restart did not work.The computer I am using is running Windows XP with a speed of 766 MHz, 192MB of RAM, and 18.1 GB of free space.

I did watch it long enough to know it plays through all of the sequences without a problem. I had the songs set to play in the shuffle mode when the problem occured. I set up a show to run until 5 AM this morning and it played all night. The only change I made was to play the songs in order as they are listed in the show.

I set up another show to run until I get home from work to see what happens. I am using the USB to 485 adaptor. Is this something that I should have a spare for or don't they ever fail? :(

I found that the show stops during the scheduled run time or does not start at the scheduled time. The play back mode " shuffle or play in order listed " is not causing the problem as I thought it was. When it hangs the status says it is playing even though it is not. This morning the show did not start and status said no shows were scheduled even though there was one scheduled to run.

I have been working with Dan from LOR to resolve this problem. Unplugging the USB cable to the USB485B adaptor free's up the computer, but I can not get the show to restart without restarting the computer.

Dan is sending me a filtered USB cable to try although he is not sure it is a USB hang problem that 100's of other LOR users have had. After doing a search I found some information that had been posted on a similar problem, but yet nobody replied to me.

I received and installed the flltered USB cable yesterday. The show ran as scheduled, but I still had problems with the show not starting this morning. I found the LED's in the contollers blinking even though status said the show was running. When I unplugged the USB cable to the USB485B adaptor the computer freed up and after restarting the computer the show started to run. I have now installed everything on a different computer to see it LOR II with run on it.