Light-O-Rama Forums

Computer gone wild

Randall Huber

3 different times during my show the control panel was sending tons of errors and my show and music froze.  I was wondering if anybody else has had this problem and a possible solution. The error states

Error with sequence [overflow.           BlockXmitData.                                   FlushCB.                                              BlockCommit.                                      Add IO Device

And this keeps repeating super fast on computer until I disable the show.  When I enable, it works fine.

A screenshot of the control panel log might help.

A few possibilities.

Computer going into sleep or hibernation; disable.  Monitor can be turned off.

Have you rebooted the machine recently, Always a good idea after weird errors.

How much system memory do you have.

Is the computer on the internet or wifi. Is it getting busy running something else. Updates background tasks etc.

Consider reinstalling the software. Only takes a few minutes, shouldn't hurt your data BUT always have a backup.

It isn't on wifi or enternet.  I haven't rebooted since I started running show on December 1st.  Sleep/hibernate mode is off.  I will reboot and see.  It has happened twice in the last week.  I will work on screen shot after work.  Thanks

For a Windows based PC, going close to three weeks without a reboot is risking it.  Back when I started and was using an ancient XP based computer, it had a scheduled reboot every day.  Now with a newer computer, it has a scheduled reboot every Wednesday afternoon (Microsoft normally pushes updates out Tuesday, so I reboot Wednesday before the show starts).

I restart my computer on a daily basis but I keep the wifi turned off as I will not allow Windows to update until after the season. Once I get everything working perfectly I make no changes whatsoever.

I don't have a choice on internet connectivity for my show computer.  I run MIIP, so I have to have internet connectivity for that to work.

• The topic was locked