Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 LOR Program Giving Media Player Error

Reno

After the initial setup of the controller and lights, I created a show that I wanted on a set schedule. The 3 songs that I have playing from Ready-To-Go sequence bundles are "All I Want For Christmas Is You," "Jingle Bell Rock," and "Walking In A Winter Wonderland." These songs work individually in the sequencer with lights running and everything, but once put into a show under the startup tab, all give the Media Player error.

Some steps taken to troubleshoot this, as I am very new to this program, were trying other tabs under the show editor, fully re-downloading the materials, and trying different file locations. We still could not get the show to play.

19 hours ago, Don said:

They go in the Musical tab, not Start up.

When I place the LOREDIT files in any show type tabs other than startup, there is a media file error. "All I Want For Christmas" previously worked only in the startup show tab, but now also gives the error message.

14 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Another option is to create your show and schedule using Hub. In Hub, click the "Simple PC Show" button, select your songs, and you are done.

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/computer_shows.htm

Matt

When I tried using the Simple PC Show option, the error message still occurred. Could the cause of the message be from the LOREDIT files themselves? But then why do they work individually in the sequencer, with operating sound and lights, and not together in a show?

Close all LOR programs.

Now, open the media file as if you were going to play it on your computer to listen to. (Again, forget LOR a second.)

Are you getting any errors there?