Light-O-Rama Forums

How to trigger a g3-mp3 or g4-mp3 with a rf-v4

rbearwy

According to the information in the user guide it says that you can trigger the devices with the RF-V4.  The problem is there in no where that it gives any indication of how to do that.  the same question goes for the uMP3g3.  I have one of those also but would like to trigger the g3-mp3 so I can use the high speed network across the street so I can use CCP and pixie controllers.  Any suggestions?

Can you specifically point out where you got that info from? The RF-V4 is an ELL which is just a wireless throughput and not a trigger. ELL's can in no way do high speed enhanced so the only way to get your show across the street is wire.

2 hours ago, rbearwy said:

According to the information in the user guide it says that you can trigger the devices with the RF-V4.  The problem is there in no where that it gives any indication of how to do that.  the same question goes for the uMP3g3.  I have one of those also but would like to trigger the g3-mp3 so I can use the high speed network across the street so I can use CCP and pixie controllers.  Any suggestions?

ELLS will not work with pixel controllers

JR

It has nothing to do with the pixie controller.  According to the manual I can trigger the uMP3g3 with the RF-V4 that is my question.  I know that the pixies can not be run by a RF-V4.  I am trying to trigger the uMP3g3 or either of the other two.

What is it you are trying to accomplish?  Give us the intended use and maybe we will understand what you want to do, and therefor, can answer your question.  As stated, your questions tells us nothing.

More information is better than too little - we're not mind readers.

trying to trigger either of those devices as I mentioned.  All three of them produce their own high speed network that I set up in the hub.  The triggers should allow me to turn on the show and run the programs that are in each show.  The ones on my side of the street are all cabled together and I use light linkers to run the other side of the street but limited to 115KHz through the linker so therefor the only pixels I can run are through the CCB100D's.  By using the trigger I can use the faster network to run pixies through the G3-MP3 or the G4-mp3 or even the mini director.  According to the book for the mini director you are able to trigger it using the RF-V4.  I am asking if anyone knows how to accomplish that otherwise I am going to use a controller to trigger a relay for the trigger.

Power Input Reasons Normally, power is supplied by the attached LOR controller(s) through the RJ45 jack. There are a number of reasons why you may want to use an external power supply with the miniDirector:  the miniDirector is more than 50’ from the nearest controller or the controller is an older model that cannot supply enough power  the miniDirector is connected to a PC without using a USB485B powered adapter or an attached LOR controller (I.e. using a USB485 or SC485 adapter)  the miniDirector is on a timer or switch to start and stop the show  the miniDirector is used with an RF-V5 wireless unit, so it is not connected to a controller which would power it.

I think we're having a terminology issue here. In the world of LOR a "trigger" a normally-open or normally-closed type contact that can send a signal to the show (or the director) to run a set of sequences.

The text you quoted is from the Mini-Director manual. It can only run one network. There is zero way to run more than one network from a Mini-Director.

A show time director, the one with a clock on it, might have the juice to power a RF-V5 in transmit mode. It might not. I don't know. If it does, then you can connect the RF-V5 to the 4th network. Based on what you've typed, I'm hoping you have a N4G4 with 4 networks on it. Otherwise, you can't have, "All three of them produce their own high speed network that I set up in the hub" as you would need a total of 4 networks.

2 hours ago, rbearwy said:

trying to trigger either of those devices as I mentioned.  All three of them produce their own high speed network that I set up in the hub. 

OK, maybe I know what you are asking.  Are you talking about having multiple Directors that synchronize with each other via a set of ELLs?  If that is what you are talking about, that only applies to the new N4-G4-MP3 Director.

I assume he is referring to my speculation about multiple directors that are synchronized with the ELLs.  I know very little about that, but I do know that it only works on the new N4-G4-MP3 Director.  That's about all I know about doing it that way.  I can not answer any other questions about Directors - never even seen one.