Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Error Running Sequences that were previously playing earlier in the night.

Kyle Whitaker

LOR 5.5.16 Pro

I run a 30 minutes show that keeps cycling back through the songs so if a 1 minute sequence doesn't run then each show is off it's 30 minute cycle by 1 more minute every half hour.  That means the "10:00" show ends up starting early at 9:51.

I have 1 small sequence that ran in the first 30 minute show and then stopped running with an error in the second 30 minutes show followed by a second sequence that also stopped working in the 3rd show.  Both continued to error the rest of the night.

2 lightly different Errors:

6:50 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error playing media file: Windows Media Player cannot find the file. If you are tryingto play, bu (missing in screenshot) leted.) Musical: C:\LOR\LORInternal\Playback\L\FinalVersions\FinalVersions2020 FBCHS\Preshow_FBCHS_010_Minutes_WithVideo_FINAL.000E.112.play.lms.lcs
(Missing from screenshot) :59 PM: ERROR WITH SEQUENCE (Error playing media file: Windows Media Player encountered a problem playing the file.)  Musical: C:\LOR\LORInternal\Playback\L\FinalVersions\FinalVersions2020 FBCHS\Light Saber Extended_025minutes_FBCHS_Final.000E.112.play.lms.lcs

Anyone have any idea why these would play all week and at the start of the show and then just stop working with 2 slightly different errors?

The show is playing away from my house so I don't feel like driving back out there later tonight but I'll try and see if I can get them to recreate the playback files tomorrow.

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

Is the computer connected to the Internet?

Is it sync'ing to cloud storage (e.g. Dropbox)?

Is Microsoft OneDrive enabled?

What AntiVirus software are you using?

Just thinking about activity that could interfere with Windows Media Player, which is used to play the audio/media file.

Matt

Look for Windows Defender running.

Even if you have turned it off, if the computer restarts for any reason so does WD.

I have helped quite a few people in the last month that Windows Defender snuck back up in- including myself.

I would live to be able to wipe it off my computer.

JR

Matt,

Is the computer connected to the Internet? No, it is in airplane mode

Is it sync'ing to cloud storage (e.g. Dropbox)? No

Is Microsoft OneDrive enabled? No

What AntiVirus software are you using? None

I know where you are going with those questions but it seems to be just those sequences.  They played early on in the night but then just those 2 consistently errored.

Kyle

JR,

Yes, it was quite a bit of trial and error but last year or the year before I was able to make sure that windows defender doesn't start up.  Also, if that was the issue then I would expect it to effect "random" sequences and not the same exact ones time and time again (after they had been working).  This afternoon I am going to go back and remove the playback files if they exist and run the show and let it generate them again.  I'm pretty sure that will "fix" it but it won't explain why it started to error in the first place and therefore it may start happening again.

Kyle

12 hours ago, dibblejr said:

I would live to be able to wipe it off my computer.

You would remove > "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" while the OS was offline..

Thus the reason I help develop a portable OS using WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment) to allow Host PC access via a temporary OS environment all loaded into system memory

Edited by KYHI

Create a show with just those 2 sequences, then play it with Show On Demand. Are they still failing? If so, try opening the 2 sequences in the Sequencer. Can it play them? If not, try opening the media files in Windows Media Player. Can it play them?

Matt

I tried the show on demand and it worked fine.  I'm now running the actual show after recompressing the show and disable/enable the LOR control panel and will let it cycle through the 30 minute cycle a few times and then check the logs.

It was interesting that when on ran the 2 sequences on demand it "Created playback file because it was out of date by 4.3 days" and "Created playback file because it was out of date by 5.1 days"  I guess it must recreate the payback files if the a a certain unknown date old....

LOR support also responded and based on their response I guess this might just remain a mystery

LOR support also responded and based on their response I guess this might just remain a mystery

A Light-O-Rama help desk staff member has replied to your request, #6202860 with the following response:

Those errors are being generated by Windows Media Player -- the LOR software is just the messenger in this case. There is no known issue with the Show Player. It is hard to say anything more than that without seeing the actual sequences and media files.

2 hours ago, KYHI said:

You would remove > "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" while the OS was offline..

Thus the reason I help develop a portable OS using WinRE (Windows Recovery Environment) to allow Host PC access via a temporary OS environment all loaded into system memory

Thank you, you bet I will try that later.

When Win does an update will it reinstall it?

JR

it would depend on whats included in the Update - but if you where to use DISM or SFC (not sure your understanding of Windows OS) to repair the OS it would be restored

Dibblejr,

Here is a link to a List of options to Disable Windows Defender

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/32236-enable-disable-microsoft-defender-pua-protection-windows-10-a.html

Option 4 - Step 4 - Download the REG file to Disable

Option 4 - Step 5 - Download the REG file to Restore Default OS Settings