Light-O-Rama Forums

S5 Lights Dont Come On.

cbelt4

I spent most of my summer ( COVID Kept me locked up in my home ) learning about S5. I have read the help me file about 4 times.? I would say. I don't remember anything about Why my main sequence ( Favorite time of the year.) ended up being altered as soon as I imported it from the temp file I created before running S5 Install. REMEMBER I played with S5 all summer. after I installed everything ran smoothly up until the time I ran it for the first time this year in front of god and country. This is what I got Favorite time of the year played along with Carol of the bells thought I had that figured out then it was Favorite time of the year played with Wizards in winter ( My Test file ) I made sure my channels were placed in the right order in the preview and nothing left unmatched.. My Pixel tree had all the right RGB channels as well.  And as of today they are all screwed up. and the big kicker My temp file that I hold all of my sequences in was changed along with all of my files.

I searched the forums all of the most part today. I have seen lots of post that kind of match 1 or 2 things that I have been experiencing.

No one has had the problem of files being replaced by some unknown force. Could this be a WIN 10 problem ( if so Its gone ) Or did I click on a setting that I might have not noticed.

My Setup includes:

ShowTime Central even though I run this from my Desk top

4 CTB16PC Residential controllers.

16x25 pixel tree.

Am I reading that right that two sequences played at the same time?  My first guess is that one of the songs is in the Background or Animation tab in the Show Editor instead of the Musical tab.  That would cause two sequences to play at the same time.

What did the LOR status display show was happening?

What temp file?

No Each time I go live its something different. Favorite time of the year is also the Template for all my shows. ( Just to let you know ) . When we went live Favorite time of the year  Played with Carol of the bells.mp3. 2 time it played with Wizards in winter. What gets me I dont have Wizards in winter in my show. But I thought it was an mp3/wav problem. I even re-did the music to all of my shows. Nothing they are still off. I can run all as a test in the Sequence editor. the lights play happy with the songs the are attached to. console same lights come on.

11 minutes ago, cbelt4 said:

console same lights come on.

should read

in the hardware config  I can get the light to come on

8 minutes ago, cbelt4 said:

console same lights come on.

The console will tell you far more than that.  Take a look at this screen capture (if the image does not show, click the link):

Status_screen.jpg

http://www.newburghlights.org/images/Status_screen.jpg

The top section will tell you what show is running - in this case a show called "Star Heater.lss".  The middle section will tell you what sequence or sequences are playing at that instant.  It also tells what section of the Show Editor each particular sequence is located in.  In this case the sequence called "Star heater.las.lcs" is playing from the Animation tab of the Show Editor, and that it started on 7 Dec. 2016 at 14:50:04 (OK, it's an old screen capture).  The bottom section is a history of the sequences and other assorted details such as show starts and ends (among other things).

Can you post screen captures of each tab in the Show Editor?

Sounds like a network config and unit ID issue.

OP- keep in mind the HU console is only a tester. It will show you that in the HU the lights and the controllers work.

Once you close the HU everything else, network settings and the Unit ID's have to be correct.

With the pixel tree, if it came with a unit ID as normal ID 1 it is using 8 total Unit ID's.

If your other 4 controllers are units 1-4 than that is a major conflict with the tree and the lights on the CCR tree will not work. If the other controllers are 1-4 your next available unit ID is 5. If you set the CCR tree to 5 it will use 5,6,7,8,9,0A,0B and 0C.

If you want to keep the pixie8 in a logical unit ID order use unit ID 10 for that controller then it will use 10,11,12,13,14,15, 16 &17

Hopefully you also have a red RS485HS adapter for the pixel tree unless you are using a director.

JR

Sorry for the late response. Decided I needed to sleep on this to figure it out.

I actually used my Versifier and it shows me about 277 conflicts. Mostly lights are turned off.

This is what I got this morning. It didn't show this last night.

image.png

23 minutes ago, cbelt4 said:

Sorry for the late response. Decided I needed to sleep on this to figure it out.

I actually used my Versifier and it shows me about 277 conflicts. Mostly lights are turned off.

This is what I got this morning. It didn't show this last night.

image.png

You should be good to go with that since all on the left are green.

Your initial questing was Light Not Coming On. That is a separate question. That screen would have nothing to do with lights not coming on.

JR 

16 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

You should be good to go with that since all on the left are green.

Sorry I thought you knew about my problem. My lights( Props )  will not come on during the show. I run all of this from out shop PC. Yes its up to date ( Hate Win10 ). What has been going on. Every prop I have will run during a test using the sequencer and HU. once I load the sequences in my HUB for live shows I get nothing. I spent all summer reading the manual and playing with the S5 demo  on my laptop and I dont remember reading  any related topics. that would help me with this issue. I have pulled pretty much all of the hair I had left this morning so now I look like this :mellow:.

BTW Still nothing.

3 minutes ago, cbelt4 said:

Sorry I thought you knew about my problem. My lights( Props )  will not come on during the show. I run all of this from out shop PC. Yes its up to date ( Hate Win10 ). What has been going on. Every prop I have will run during a test using the sequencer and HU. once I load the sequences in my HUB for live shows I get nothing. I spent all summer reading the manual and playing with the S5 demo  on my laptop and I dont remember reading  any related topics. that would help me with this issue. I have pulled pretty much all of the hair I had left this morning so now I look like this :mellow:.

BTW Still nothing.

See my above reply HU means nothing to running the show. It is just a way to set the unit ID's and test lights if thats what you desire.

Your pixie tree is IMO one of the culprits, turn off the dip switches, set the UNIT ID in HU manually. As stated read my above replies

You never mentioned the HUB before but it can only put out what you put in. If that is wrong you get no show.

JR

1 hour ago, dibblejr said:

See my above reply HU means nothing to running the show. It is just a way to set the unit ID's and test lights if thats what you desire.

Your pixie tree is IMO one of the culprits, turn off the dip switches, set the UNIT ID in HU manually. As stated read my above replies

You never mentioned the HUB before but it can only put out what you put in. If that is wrong you get no show.

JR

Thanks for the help. I am going to have to say. I give.  as I said before everything worked up until my shows went live. Something got changed. what?  IDK  Test were fine Private show for my family and neighbors. went very well. I really dont know what or how I screwed this up. so another year completely screwed.

Thanks anyway