Light-O-Rama Forums

Final season for Mitchell's Magic Christmas

Brian Mitchell

This is the final season for our display.  New Hampshire Chronicle came and did a story about our display.  Here it is.

• Like 1

Nice story Brian and sorry to see you go dark. I went dark last year but came back because I missed the thrill of Christmas lights and all the people that came to see them. My new display is a down sized version of the old one and a lot easier for me to manage. Good luck and enjoy whatever you are going to do in your spare time

Earle 

• Like 2

That is a great story

Now in August you won’t know what to do with yourself. Probably run out to the shed and then say, where did everything go.

I found it hard to retire and sell all of my LED stuff. I can’t imagine just stopping everything. I mean to be 100% pixels. 

Then I un retired my two LED guitar singing snowmen.

But if you are like me you’ve had those moments you wanted to , and I will keep it nice, sell it all.

Great job!

JR

Edited by dibblejr

18 minutes ago, jtomason said:

A beautiful story and display.   I love the pixel circle and would love to know the construction details.  

Joe

It’s a CCR ziptied to PVC. 

1 minute ago, Brian Mitchell said:

It’s a CCR ziptied to PVC. 

How did you get the PVC to stay perfectly round?    

1 hour ago, EARLE W. TALLEY said:

Nice story Brian and sorry to see you go dark. I went dark last year but came back because I missed the thrill of Christmas lights and all the people that came to see them. My new display is a down sized version of the old one and a lot easier for me to manage. Good luck and enjoy whatever you are going to do in your spare time

Earle 

I will definitely be dark next year but after that my story will probably be similar to yours. 

4 minutes ago, jtomason said:

How did you get the PVC to stay perfectly round?    

Attached to the wall at four points.

• Like 1

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I heard this story before. They all say they are going to retire, they sell everything off and in a year or two they are buying all new stuff. You'll be back. 😁😁😁

• Like 1

• The topic was locked