Light-O-Rama Forums

suspension of the pc

Pioerpaolo

Hi guys, a simple question, how do you set the suspension of the pc, which controls the lights? Is it possible that if you use the suspension, in order not to leave the pc on all day, the lights go out? i've win10

Edited by Pioerpaolo

Most PC's will not sleep with network activity,, Else disable Sleep/Hibernation and allow only the monitor to turn off

In Windows 10 look for Power Settings. (Google if you need to.)

And PS, KYHI - There is no network activity going on here, just RS485 over the USB ports. They may sleep on that.

Usually if the PC has any activity - it will not sleep - Network, SSD, HDD, USB

But to be sure Disable Sleep & Hibernation and only allow the monitor to turn off...

I set my show PC to NEVER sleep.  Hard drives, USB, nothing except the monitor.  Monitor turns off in a couple hours, but there isn't one turned on normally anyway.

thanks to all, I guessed. I also put the suspension to zero, but I wanted to know if the activities between usb, ssd and network left it on. I'm afraid it goes out all of a sudden, with the suspension active. thank you guys

IIRC I made a LOR Scheduled (control panel?) task to wake up the PC an hour early ($%^& scans/cleanup run every start) and end the schedule a bit after the last show .

(sorry, I don't have that schedule to look at any more). Scheduled Tasks will wake a PC. BUT you need to disable POWER SAVING for the USB (LAN if used)  Ports as they do not wake on schedule.