Light-O-Rama Forums

Switching channels

Cold45

So I just had a a channel fail and need to move those lights to a new channel. I have 15 songs. Is there any easy way to reassign that channel in all songs quickly. Or do I have to open and re save each song for the change to take effect after I change it in the design file. 

As I understand it, change it in the Preview and it will automagically change in all the song that use that Preview.  HOWEVER, first time you play the song, it will have to fix the sequence so it will take up to several minutes for each sequence.  The way around that is to open the Sequence Compressor and compress your entire show.  Last time I did that it took about an hour and a half.  You may want to wait until tomorrow and have the one channel out tonight rather than "fix" it and have long delays in your running show.  Doesn't matter how long it takes tomorrow in daylight.

I could be completely all wet, but that is my understanding.

Thank you for the reply. Last time I opened each show and saved them all again which was annoying given where the control machine is. I will try this way after the show ends for the night. 

How do you do this when you sequence on a different computer from the show computer? If you copy 1 .loredit sequence to the show computer does it update the Preview for all the other sequences, or do you have to export and import the Preview on the show computer?

I would export and import the preview - my educated guess.   Although I run my show from a different computer than I sequence from, they are both using the same file storage locations (over the LAN), so as soon as I update on the sequencing computer, the show computer has the same change.