Light-O-Rama Forums

URGENT Help Needed New LOR User Pixel Tree Won't Light

DustyD76

Background Info

Licenses: S5 Pro, Superstar

1 - 16 Channel AC Controller (Unit 1)

1 Pixie 8 - 16x25 Pixel Tree (Unit 2)

Using Mini Director/SD Card

My AC controller works both the show and the music are running.

Problem: Pixie light is solid red when show starts but Pixels on tree are lighting up.

I set network as Regular, Lor/Elor 500k Speed.

I tested in house and when this was the issue it was the network and Unit ID (Did that all again outside and Nothing is happening with the pixel tree. I'm so Frustrated and Frozen. HELP!!! please. I'm even will to talk via the phone to troubleshoot with a pro. 

Edited by DustyD76
typo

1 hour ago, DustyD76 said:

Background Info

Licenses: S5 Pro, Superstar

1 - 16 Channel AC Controller (Unit 1)

1 Pixie 8 - 16x25 Pixel Tree (Unit 2)

Using Mini Director/SD Card

My AC controller works both the show and the music are running.

Problem: Pixie light is solid red when show starts but Pixels on tree are lighting up.

I set network as Regular, Lor/Elor 500k Speed.

I tested in house and when this was the issue it was the network and Unit ID (Did that all again outside and Nothing is happening with the pixel tree. I'm so Frustrated and Frozen. HELP!!! please. I'm even will to talk via the phone to troubleshoot with a pro. 

Sounds like you forgot to turn off the dip switches and changed the pixie Unit ID. Please turn off the dip switches, set the unit ID in HU and you will have lights

Click link below

JR

Pixie16 Setup and Configuration step by step - LOR Hardware - General - Light-O-Rama Forums

Edited by dibblejr

not sure if you can run a pixie unit from a mini director.  I don't believe it can handle the higher speed enhanced networks that a Pixie requires.

Edited by tomsusie

Just now, tomsusie said:

not sure if you can run a pixie unit from a mini director.

Yes

It will run off a mini director just fine.

JR

3 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

Sounds like you forgot to turn off the dip switches and changed the pixie Unit ID. Please turn off the dip switches, set the unit ID in HU and you will have lights

If he has only 1 AC controller, then only the first 6 pixels would be duplicated. Unit ID's 2-8 would have been unaffected, and should run.

5 minutes ago, Don said:

If he has only 1 AC controller, then only the first 6 pixels would be duplicated. Unit ID's 2-8 would have been unaffected, and should run.

I tested this in S5 and S5 will not duplicate channels in a pixie device

If his sequence his pixie sequence is set for (lets just say ) unit 10 and he set it in HU without turning the dip switches off he will get no lights. In S4 I was able to duplicate channels 0- not that I ever would. However in S5 I received channel conflict errors and no lights.

Once he corrects the unit ID issue he will have lights.

edit - Red adapter? Without a red adapter you will/ may have no lights as well. Since the indicator is solid it is trying to receive data so all else is well.

JR

Edited by dibblejr

True, you can't duplicate channels in the Preview. But if there are duplicate ID's set up on Hardware, the software doesn't detect that and let you know.

The software doesn't care what ID the controllers have.

If the ID is reset to 1, then it will act on commands sent to ID 1. You could have it in the software has 40, but when it reverts to 01, it would start to pickup and act on commands going out to 01, including those commands destined for a 16 channel controller.

Just now, Don said:

True, you can't duplicate channels in the Preview. But if there are duplicate ID's set up on Hardware, the software doesn't detect that and let you know.

The software doesn't care what ID the controllers have.

If the ID is reset to 1, then it will act on commands sent to ID 1. You could have it in the software has 40, but when it reverts to 01, it would start to pickup and act on commands going out to 01, including those commands destined for a 16 channel controller.

True. You are correct about that in the physical prop level.

He may need to also look at the HUB advanced menu and ensure all is set correctly there.

JR

11 hours ago, dibblejr said:

edit - Red adapter? Without a red adapter you will/ may have no lights as well. Since the indicator is solid it is trying to receive data so all else is well.

JR

If he's running from the Mini Director, why would he need the red adapter?

Got it fixed today. It was a Dip Switch setting. 

Here is a video of my first show ever.  I made the 16x25 pixel tree sequence from scratch using S5/Superstar. A week ago today I didn’t plan on having anything for this year. My LOR shipment came Friday and I scrambled to learn S5 and Superstar and get Lights up, now I have 7 songs on rotation.

2 hours ago, DustyD76 said:

Got it fixed today. It was a Dip Switch setting. 

Here is a video of my first show ever.  I made the 16x25 pixel tree sequence from scratch using S5/Superstar. A week ago today I didn’t plan on having anything for this year. My LOR shipment came Friday and I scrambled to learn S5 and Superstar and get Lights up, now I have 7 songs on rotation.

With 75% of those I have helped with pixie problems , 100's of people, it is normally the pesky little dip switches I speak about in my video and step by step.

Since most people put the controllers up for the better part of a year and break them out just before the holidays they forget and it creates headaches later on.

Glad you got it and Happy Lighting.

JR

14 hours ago, BobW said:

If he's running from the Mini Director, why would he need the red adapter?

He wouldn't, LOL, I missed the mini director bit at first. 

Good catch though.

JR

• The topic was locked