Light-O-Rama Forums

What are carry over channels in S5

wicket82

I have imported a model from XLights to S5 (5.5.16) that  has 312 pixels. It is modeled in XLights to run off one port. I plan to hook it to an existing Pixie 8 but I’ll need 2 ports since the pixies can only use 170 pixels per port. One can this model (prop) be configured as 2 ports in S5? Or is my thinking right in that the carry over channels will be carried over to the next port? Say the first 170 pixels on port 1 and then the rest (142 pixels) will be automatically carried over to port 2? That way all I would have to do it connect the last 142 pixels to port 2? Thanks in advance. 

EDIT: I googled it and looked it up on LOR website. It mentions running e1.31 and Pixcons. Does the carry over work on the pixies setup as LOR Enhanced network?

Edited by wicket82

3 hours ago, wicket82 said:

Does the carry over work on the pixies setup as LOR Enhanced network?

Yes it does. The logic is the same whether you are using DMX or LOR protocols.

It sounds like you already found it, but for others reading this, the Carryover column is described at the bottom of this help page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/prop_definition.htm

Matt

Matt is correct! I used this with help from him and my "packed" pixel tree using a San Devices E682 is now configured properly which allows me to now have motion effects. Prior to this, I had manually created each and every individual strip with the varied lengths and had those in the preview. This method worked but wouldn't allow for motion effects or SuperStar changes or creations although I've not gotten back into SS as I did in S4...yet.

Thank You Matt!

8 hours ago, MattBrown said:

Yes it does. The logic is the same whether you are using DMX or LOR protocols.

It sounds like you already found it, but for others reading this, the Carryover column is described at the bottom of this help page:

http://www1.lightorama.com/help/prop_definition.htm

Matt

Thanks Matt. Yeah after I typed the question and kept searching I found that page. Just left it up in case it would help someone else. Thanks