Light-O-Rama Forums

Out of Memory Exception Thrown When Upgrading Legacy Sequence

Jade Rymkos

Hi All,

I am trying to open a very large (4.6 GB) LMS file that I converted over from xLights.  During the upgrade process in S5, I continue to receive the following error/message "Unable to upgrade the sequence: Exception of type 'System.OutOfMemoryException' was thrown."  I think this has something to do with the file size since I am able to perform the upgrade process with smaller file sizes.

I thought about maybe trying to break up the initial LMS/XML file up into manageable file sizes but this would be completely uncharted territory for me.

Any suggestions or work arounds would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Jade

4.6 GB is more than the Sequencer can read in.

Is it just for a pixel tree, or does the LMS file contain data for other props? If just for a pixel tree, then I believe xLights has an AVI export. Then you can use the AVI file in a Movie effect on your tree.

Matt

It is for my whole display and contains multiple models.  Do you know what the max file size is that the sequencer can read in?

2 hours ago, Jade Rymkos said:

It is for my whole display and contains multiple models.  Do you know what the max file size is that the sequencer can read in?

I know I've loaded LMS files into S5 that are larger than 1GB, but nothing as big as 2 GB.

Matt