Light-O-Rama Forums

Has any one had this issue with their CCP100? I get 2 for 1 pixels.

Box on Rails

I am setting up a message board (25x8 Matrix) using 2 of my older CCP100 for basic text effects.   I have 2 CCP controllers set up with 4 unit ID for each of 4 strings. So through a series of tests and numinous changes to the Preview and controllers I found the issue giving me the problem. for some reason in both the Hardware pixel console and in S5 when I give the signal to turn on one pixel, 2 pixels come on. So what happens is when pixel one is powered up in any intensity, in any color both pixel 1 and 2 come on in the color chosen. Here is where things get weird. when I power up pixels 2, both pixel 3 and 4 come on. when I power up pixel 3, both pixel 5 and 6 comes on. this happens all the way to pixels 49 and 50 come on when you power up pixel 25. this means all the signals to pixels 26 through 50 are ignored. All four strings are doing this. I have the latest firmware in the controllers, also the latest version of S5. anybody have this happen and I am open for any ideas. Thanks

Kenny

42 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

I am setting up a message board (25x8 Matrix) using 2 of my older CCP100 for basic text effects.   I have 2 CCP controllers set up with 4 unit ID for each of 4 strings. So through a series of tests and numinous changes to the Preview and controllers I found the issue giving me the problem. for some reason in both the Hardware pixel console and in S5 when I give the signal to turn on one pixel, 2 pixels come on. So what happens is when pixel one is powered up in any intensity, in any color both pixel 1 and 2 come on in the color chosen. Here is where things get weird. when I power up pixels 2, both pixel 3 and 4 come on. when I power up pixel 3, both pixel 5 and 6 comes on. this happens all the way to pixels 49 and 50 come on when you power up pixel 25. this means all the signals to pixels 26 through 50 are ignored. All four strings are doing this. I have the latest firmware in the controllers, also the latest version of S5. anybody have this happen and I am open for any ideas. Thanks

Kenny

(Pixie) RESOLUTION.  You have 100 physical nodes but the resolution is 50, thus you get 2 per Logical channel (of which you have only 50)

Check the resolution setting using HU.  You want the same as the nodes per port setting,

40 minutes ago, TheDucks said:

(Pixie) RESOLUTION.  You have 100 physical nodes but the resolution is 50, thus you get 2 per Logical channel (of which you have only 50)

Check the resolution setting using HU.  You want the same as the nodes per port setting,

I am using 50 pixels per port. My resolution is set to 50 per port. On the older CCP100, 50 is the highest resolution you can chose.

Edited by Box on Rails

1 hour ago, TheDucks said:

No, the resolution over 50 should not be used. A resolution of 100 will net you a set of dumb pixels.

50 is to control all pixels.

The OP has to set it up in HU to 100 pixels per port and then the same in the SE.

JR

1 minute ago, dibblejr said:

No, the resolution over 50 should not be used. A resolution of 100 will net you a set of dumb pixels.

The OP has to set it up in HU to 100 pixels per port and then the same in the SE.

JR

what is OP

47 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

I am using 50 pixels per port. My resolution is set to 50 per port. On the older CCP100, 50 is the highest resolution you can chose.

I just helped a good friend with this same issue a few days ago. He is a happy camper. He was pulling his hair out for a couple days because he didnt want to disturb me.

Do not attempt to manually build them in SE

Let the software do that.

First turn off the dip switches, if you are accidentally sharing the 2 unit IDs you will have nothing or bad lighting.

When you insert a device in HU and select the ssp's you are given different options that will effect how the lights work, pay attention to those settings.

1- Insert the device by right clicking on a channel and select "insert device" below or above

2- Name

3-Device type CCPs

4- You will get the other menu to select how you want them to work

5- Fill out all fields and save

It will be built in your sequence

Save the Channel Config

JR

1 minute ago, Box on Rails said:

what is OP

You Opener of the Post

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

I just helped a good friend with this same issue a few days ago. He is a happy camper. He was pulling his hair out for a couple days because he didnt want to disturb me.

Do not attempt to manually build them in SE

Let the software do that.

First turn off the dip switches, if you are accidentally sharing the 2 unit IDs you will have nothing or bad lighting.

When you insert a device in HU and select the ssp's you are given different options that will effect how the lights work, pay attention to those settings.

Insert the device

1- R

JR

You Opener of the Post

JR there are no dip switches in the first generation CCP units second what is SSPs stand for?

2 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

JR there are no dip switches in the first generation CCP units second what is SSPs stand for?

spelling error.

Ok, the rest of the steps should work though.

Just set the unit ID in HU

While setting up in sequencer you are given the option of using it for 1 unit ID or 2 unts IDs. Its all there and its hard for me to recall the entire box and the fields.

JR

27 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

JR

JR

I read the manual as meaning 1 to set the physical string to behave as a Dumb string.   Actual/Logical = behavior  (100/50= 2 )

Jr I have done all that over and over. I have changed the unit IDs, I have tried everything in The HU to fix it. I have done a hard reboot. I have changed it all and back numerous times and still have the same issue. I have been doing this stuff for a while and never have I had this issue with any of my older CB100d controllers. Thanks for the help. I'll keep working on it. 

8 minutes ago, Box on Rails said:

Jr I have done all that over and over. I have changed the unit IDs, I have tried everything in The HU to fix it. I have done a hard reboot. I have changed it all and back numerous times and still have the same issue. I have been doing this stuff for a while and never have I had this issue with any of my older CB100d controllers. Thanks for the help. I'll keep working on it. 

How did you set the controller up in Prop Definition?

If you have a fold or another setting on both the controller and the Prop Def you can have problems that sound similar. For example, while setting up one of my controllers I had fold in Prop Def and in the dmx controller. This caused every other strand of my matrix to be skipped becuase it was folding the folds. The second I took the fold out of my controller setup all was normal.

Just something to ponder.

JR

I think the problem might be in the fact that the HU shows under # of end to end CCR ribbons as 2 by default. It does not allow me to adjust it to the correct number of 1. there are no end to end ribbons on the early CB100ds. It might be because of the new HU editor is designed for the newer CCP IIs. I'm going to load an older version of the HU and see what I get, This picture shows what I am talking about. 

HU.png

That's a little interesting.  I also have original CCPs in my show.  I just brought up the HU on my show computer and it shows the # of end-to-end CCR ribbons as a 1 and like yours, it is grayed out and can not be changed.  I am also running 5.5.16 Pro.  Mine is working perfectly.

BTW, here is a little tip.  Check that box in the lower left corner for "First Pixel is Status Indicator".  What that does is enable the fist pixel of both strings to display the condition of the status LED for the first 15 seconds or so after the controller is powered up.  Very handy to be able to check network status without having to remove all eight screws to open the case...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, k6ccc said:

That's a little interesting.  I also have original CCPs in my show.  I just brought up the HU on my show computer and it shows the # of end-to-end CCR ribbons as a 1 and like yours, it is grayed out and can not be changed.  I am also running 5.5.16 Pro.  Mine is working perfectly.

BTW, here is a little tip.  Check that box in the lower left corner for "First Pixel is Status Indicator".  What that does is enable the fist pixel of both strings to display the condition of the status LED for the first 15 seconds or so after the controller is powered up.  Very handy to be able to check network status without having to remove all eight screws to open the case...

Thanks for the tip Jim. I checked the 2 CB100D controllers that I am using in my show right now and both of them are marked with only 1 end to end CCRs. I had these 2 controllers extra and thought a small matrix would be good for a Message board but this is crazy. It's only 25x8 for 200 pixels. I also have a back up CCP II with 100 pixels per string that I will try and see if that works any better. I also opened up a ticket at LOR. most of the time I can fix these kind of things but this is deep in the firmware I think. Thanks for all the help. 

• 4 weeks later...

Update LOR sent me Hardware editor 4,x,x that opened up the selection for the # of end-to-end CCR ribbons value. I changed it to 1 and the problem is solved, I had to unload the control panel before using the older version but once I made the changes the controllers worked perfect. then I loaded the CP back up. Thanks everyone and happy 2021