Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR as a security system

edepaolis

I'm having problems with vandals damaging/stealing pieces of our light show.  I have an extra LOR 16 channel original switcher, an MP3 Director (Original) and I just purchased a PUP which I think I could use to trigger a sequence when someone gets too close to the display or tries to steal one of the units, etc.. 

I tried to get the PUP to trigger a sequence on the MP3 Director but the Director doesn't seem to recognize the inputs. I can see the LED on the PUP glow steady when the show loads.  I tested the various pieces with the hardware utility and I can see the inputs working with the sensors and motion sensors via a USB RS485 dongle. I just can't figure out how to get the Director to start a show through a trigger from the PUP.  I have configured the show to start via trigger.  When I insert the SD card with the sequence info, it loads and starts playing immediately even though the PUP input hasn't changed.  I have verified I have the proper setting for the type of switch I'm using, NC.  Any pointers on how this should work will be greatly appreciated.  The MP3 Director is the original version not the latest.

Edited by edepaolis

I have never even seen any director, so not the expert here, but as I recall, Directors can not read inputs via the LOR network.  A quick look at one of the Director doc files shows that they CAN read inputs on some pins on the Director itself.  OK, that is the limit of what I can do to help here...

Yes, I just realized that the InputPUP needs to be part of a computer controlled LOR network.  I'll take a look at the Director documentation for the pin assignments.  Thanks for replying.

• The topic was locked