Light-O-Rama Forums

Can't Write or Edit SD Card Shows in Hub 4.4.14 - Program stops responding and locks up - Error Report Included

Orville

LOR Hub Crashes - Does this every time I try to edit a show on any Kingston SD Card.
SD Card type used: Kingston 16 and 32GB Level 10

I can write SD Cards in the HU, but I get this same lock up issue when I try to write a new show to an SD Card as well only in the Hub.   Very frustrating when I want to use the Hub, but it keeps crashing and I have to close the program.  Then it says something like errors were created when writing the SD Card, which writes some gibberish files to the SD Card after the program was closed down due to the Program Not Responding issue.

It scrambles the SD Card and it has to be reformatted, because it won't allow you to delete the bad files it created, won't allow any further writes or changes to the SD Card, only a total reformat of the SD Card will allow anything to  be done with it, losing all previous shows data that was written to it.

And even just moving the mouse, just a very small nudge, will cause the Hub to lock up and generate this report when the Close Program pop up box shows up, where the report is found.   I wouldn't think a small mouse movement or a key press would create such an issue, but it does.    And many times, it just locks up with Program Not Responding and requires the Hub be closed down manually. 

However, if you manage to get to the Write SD Card pop up, and you click on the option to write the card, even after in an edit session, and don't move, or touch anything, it might/might not work.   But if anything gets moved or touched, even accidentally, the Hub comes up with Program Not Responding and then scrambles the SD Card {thankfully this does not always happen, but it occurs more than it doesn't.}

This does seem to be a bug in the software because I doubt it should be crashing because of a simple key being pressed or the mouse gets moved a hair or so.

But that's all that has ever occurred when this issue happens.

This is using LOR Software Suite Version 4.4.14, PRO license.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the error report I get from the Hub, before I close the program down.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
  Application Name:    LORHub.exe
  Application Version:    4.4.0.14
  Application Timestamp:    5fbbf0b9
  Fault Module Name:    MSVBVM60.DLL
  Fault Module Version:    6.0.98.15
  Fault Module Timestamp:    4a5bda6c
  Exception Code:    c0000005
  Exception Offset:    000cb32b
  OS Version:    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
  Locale ID:    1033
  Additional Information 1:    d4a3
  Additional Information 2:    d4a31752101aea05453b5fdc53be0c44
  Additional Information 3:    bb2f
  Additional Information 4:    bb2fb4ff36df4d88926a7d99e03d4073

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hopefully someone at LOR can make heads or tails from this error report and will know what is causing this issue in the Hub.

Edited by Orville

There is a current known issue with Hub and editing SD cards.  Rather than use the edit function, please create new shows at this time until we have a chance to fix it.  Thanks.  Sorry for the inconvienence.

18 minutes ago, DevMike said:

There is a current known issue with Hub and editing SD cards.  Rather than use the edit function, please create new shows at this time until we have a chance to fix it.  Thanks.  Sorry for the inconvienence.

Thanks Mike.  I was unaware of any issues in the current Hub with 4.4.14, as I thought they had all been resolved by this version.

But even in making a new one, I still encounter this issue.  So I guess for now, I'll just keep re-writing my shows by overwriting them using the HU for now.

I've just found the Hub a but unreliable for much of anything as it is presently.

Wish you folks at LOR the best on getting it resolved, I'd really love to be able to use the Hub for everything in created shows for my G4 Director.

One request/suggestion for the Hub:  Please add CTRL-A to select all sequences from a sequence directory in the Hub.  Doing it one at a time in the Hub is a chore.  And the HU allows this, which makes it so much easier to add sequences from a specific directory all at once.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd like to add that while the HUB is doing it's thing with the sequences and music files that there is no progress bar or an hourglass mouse icon so there was several times when creating a 22 sequence show that I thought it had locked up.. and when I clicked on it, it said Not Responding in title.

Eventually, I just let it go (I think it was Frozen!)(get it?!) and it did what it was supposed to.  But visually, there is no indication what sequence number it's working on or anything.

Figured if your going to fix a bug, might as well add Mouse.Hourglass=True to the thing! haha!

22 hours ago, BluMan said:

I'd like to add that while the HUB is doing it's thing with the sequences and music files that there is no progress bar or an hourglass mouse icon so there was several times when creating a 22 sequence show that I thought it had locked up.. and when I clicked on it, it said Not Responding in title.

Eventually, I just let it go (I think it was Frozen!)(get it?!) and it did what it was supposed to.  But visually, there is no indication what sequence number it's working on or anything.

Figured if your going to fix a bug, might as well add Mouse.Hourglass=True to the thing! haha!

Yes, there is a progress bar in the Hub.  I just went to verify that and wrote a new SD Card.  Yep, progress bar is certainly there, but there is no little symbol like in the HU that shows the software is still thinking or doing something.  Also the HU tells you when it's writing the enhanced network files and the high speed enhanced network files, but not the sequence or MP3 files.   None of that is shown in the hub during the SD Card write.

Personally I'd like to see which file is actually being written, I hate it when in the HU or in the HUB and it  tells me there was a problem writing a sequence to the SD Card because it couldn't write the MP3 file with the header stripped.  Okay, great, but how am I supposed to know which MP3 created this issue?   There is no error log that gives me that info, there is no other pop up that states the MP3 file name that had the issue that I've ever found.   And this issue also pops up randomly, I've had both write to an SD Card perfectly, then the next time I write the show out {new} with added sequences or just wanting to overwrite a show with new run time, it bombs with the writing MP3 with stripped header.   But still nothing to tell me which sequence or MP3 is causing the problem when it occurs.   Very frustrating.

And why is there no verifier program for the Directors to make sure the show files have been written correctly?   That would be a great option to have as well, an SD Card Verification program for Director Shows on an SD Card, then perhaps we could locate and find/track SD Card errors after the write to be sure our show is going to run BEFORE we insert the SD Card into the Director!

• 6 months later...

I am having the same issue, Hope to get an update to fix this issue. I cross my fingers every time  I create a show in HUB for my SD card. Sometime it works sometimes it doesn't.

I am also trying to copy a SD card to have a spare card in case the current one has a problem. So far no luck on copying a show or sequences on a new SD card. Always has an error. 

Any advise or help would be appreciated.

Thanks Mike

22 hours ago, Lastcast said:

I am having the same issue, Hope to get an update to fix this issue. I cross my fingers every time  I create a show in HUB for my SD card. Sometime it works sometimes it doesn't.

I am also trying to copy a SD card to have a spare card in case the current one has a problem. So far no luck on copying a show or sequences on a new SD card. Always has an error. 

Thanks Mike

Just use the HUB and create the show twice instead of trying to copy the card.

With the HUB it only takes a minute or so to create a show unlike in the past. I found the HUB much easier to use.

Also remember Kingston is the recommended carb by LOR.

JR

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2021 at 11:38 AM, Lastcast said:

Thanks Mike

I've given up on the hub, just isn't reliable enough for my liking, at least not in its present format n 4.4.16.  I only use the HU to write my shows now, but don't know if the  S5 versions still have the HU or not.

Now I do COPY my SD Cards successfully for a backup of my show, have tested my backup cards and all have worked perfectly.

But this is how I copy my SD Cards:

First I create a folder on an HD with at least as much space as the SD Card I use {usually 32GB Kingston}, once I have the new folder, I usually call it "SD Card Show Backup", once created I just select ALL FILES on the current Show SD Card, and then select  "Copy", then I paste them into the HD folder I created.

Once everything has copied, I remove the Original SD Show  Card, and then I SELECT ALL Files in the backup folder I had just copied everything into, I'll plug in the new SD Card and click on its drive letter, once I verify the new card is empty, I just PASTE everything to the new SD Card.  Remove and place in Director, it should work if everything copies correctly.  Been doing this since the old original Director units, and I've never had any issues copying and pasting a show like this.  Backup copy SD Card Show has always ran flawlessly when needed.   Might be a little extra work, but this is what has worked for me for years, and, again, it has always been very reliable.   Hopefully it will work for you.