Light-O-Rama Forums

"Pause" in SE 4.4

Sctiger

Greetings to all of my Christmas light buddies. Hope your shows are going well.  I had to swap to another computer this year to make sure I had a 64 bit system for MIIP. My old show computer ran v 4.4. Naturally, when downloading the software for the new computer, I downloaded the most recent version of S4 (4.14). Everything is working without an issue but I did notice something different.  Maybe I'm not holding my mouth right or something but in years past, if I wanted to have all of my lights on like a static display, I could effectively "pause" a show by just finding a sequence where all of the lights were on and stop it at that point. That doesn't work now in v 4.14. Is this a change between versions or am I doing something wrong?  After all, it is 2020 so that's a distinct possibility. 

How were you stopping the show in the past?  I don't know of a way to cause playback to pause via the show player.  If you are playing sequences via the Sequence Editor, then yes, you can do that.  As I recall, you can do that with the pause icon or the space bar.

31 minutes ago, k6ccc said:

How were you stopping the show in the past?  I don't know of a way to cause playback to pause via the show player.  If you are playing sequences via the Sequence Editor, then yes, you can do that.  As I recall, you can do that with the pause icon or the space bar.

I have never tried it but if you do a graceful shutdown with an all on sequence in play and the turnoff lights at end is unchecked, will it shutdown and leave the lights on.

If so, could this be a similar issue to your other post, Jim, concerning the lights on at the start and end. He is on S4 though.

27 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

I have never tried it but if you do a graceful shutdown with an all on sequence in play and the turnoff lights at end is unchecked, will it shutdown and leave the lights on.

I do both sequence and show shutdowns at times such that it leaves lights on intentionally.

28 minutes ago, PhilMassey said:

If so, could this be a similar issue to your other post, Jim, concerning the lights on at the start and end. He is on S4 though.

I don't think so.

3 hours ago, k6ccc said:

99.9% of the time I have it on the schedule and it shuts down automatically. I just noticed it during setup when I was wrapping trees and I just wanted to see what the lights looked like.  I started a sequence like I had always done in the past and just stopped it at a section where all the lights were on.  It didn't work this time though so I resorted to the Hardware Utility. 

The only other time I would possibly use it is maybe Christmas Eve after the show ended. For some reason or another, my wife likes to keep the lights on all night long. 

Again, are you doing that from the Show Player or the Sequence Editor?  If you were doing that from the Player, how were you stopping it?  If you are doing it from the Sequence Editor, how are trying to pause it?

I'm doing it from the Sequence Editor. In the earlier version (4.4) I could hit stop and all of the lights would stay on or the sequence would "pause" (not an actual pause, thus the quotation marks) at that moment. It's not happening in v 4.14.

I figured it out. It was a "Lights Off at End" that was checked.  Forgive me, I'm just getting off of night shift lol

Edited by Sctiger