Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR FM Transmitter

radtech85

6 hours ago, dibblejr said:

Actually, before posting in cases such as these you should do a little research.

Let's just clear up a few things here:

1) I didn't create that website so it's obvious that I had to do at least SOME research.

2)In your original post, you just said Rangestar and 05B, it seems that maybe I found a similar model made by Rangestar that wasn't the same as yours.

3)I was just telling people to be careful.  The sometimes caustic attitudes that get thrown around here is not pushing the conversation in a positive direction.  I know it will end mine to others.

I have used the EDM (without RDS) transmitter for 7 seasons. Works very well although one year I had a lot of interference and had to find a different frequency to use. Only problem I have had is I cracked the power supply case near one of the prongs that go into the outlet and had to epoxy it back together.

Daryl

Just to follow-up on some of the FCC discussion above, I recently bought the 05B (Signstek ST-05B), and it now comes with a sticker on top stating the FCC ID and Part 15 compliance (see pictures below).

St-05B.jpg.09de1265358aa1bf59495fe6a120ccad.jpg

1854470428_St-05Bsticker.jpg.4b88016317fa437c30feac59f5b3c7c6.jpg

Part 15 is about Interference with other devices. In the early days, computers splattered the local airwaves making TV and Radio hard to use.

Nowdays, every electronic device that has a clock (signal), needs to comply. (A lot of stuff from China, fake that label and it gets by until someone complains about interference and it get tracked down to the device.

Note: just because a device HAS A VALID Part 15 label, does not mean YOU can operate it in a way that does interfere with others.  Hams go to extreme measures to keep their neighbors happy. (My neighbor brought over a ferrite core, when my basic TV rotor whet crazy whenever he used a certain band).

I understand all that, but the label also gives you the FCC ID which you can then look up and ensure the device is compliant as they state it is.  Part 15 also ensures that the device is not more powerful than allowed without a license.

TheDucks and Longhorn are both correct.

Just because it has the sticker does not mean it is legit.

However to Longhorn- according to fcc guidelines ince a company has one label for a device it is not mandatory for that MFG to submit requests to the FCC to approve a similar device.  The company knows the consequences if they falsify a piece of equipment that is not equally meet the FCC requirements.

Therefore a device may not be found in the FCC database and still be legit.

Don’t ask me how anyone can figure out if a device is legal or not in that matter.

I reckon the only way to know if not found in the database would be to call or email the FCC. 

I purchased my CZE O5B prior to it being approved, that’s a chance I took but I felt since I was not trying to have my show heard miles away I was good.

Another note adding the dipole or another antenna can negate the legality of the transmitter.

JR

8 hours ago, longhorn said:

Just to follow-up on some of the FCC discussion above, I recently bought the 05B (Signstek ST-05B), and it now comes with a sticker on top stating the FCC ID and Part 15 compliance (see pictures below)

I found a Signstek ST-7C on Amazon, and they claim the same FCC ID as on their ST-05B that you pictured (FCC ID: 2ASVO05B7CT200).  Is this normal?  I would think it should be unique.  It also has the same "IC ID".  Do you like it?

On 2/12/2021 at 8:26 PM, hasslerk said:

I found a Signstek ST-7C on Amazon, and they claim the same FCC ID as on their ST-05B that you pictured (FCC ID: 2ASVO05B7CT200).  Is this normal?  I would think it should be unique.  It also has the same "IC ID".  Do you like it?

That FCC ID covers six different models (see picture below from the FCC website documents).  I don't know if I like it yet as I just purchased it recently and haven't tested it out.  I plan to tinker with it soon.

ST-7C.png.c6b82aac53b8a56e16ef688fb0645464.png

1 minute ago, longhorn said:

That FCC ID covers six different models (see picture below from the FCC website documents).  I don't know if I like it yet as I just purchased it recently and haven't tested it out.  I plan to tinker with it soon.

ST-7C.png.c6b82aac53b8a56e16ef688fb0645464.png

That is not an FCC document. That is a manufacture document.

There are a lot of fake Labels.

The inly way to Ensure is to look up the FCC code on the transmitter.

This has been beat to death.

You can follow the link I provided above once you receive it.

JR

The 4 digits at the beginning of that long number is what is used to look it up in the FCC link I posted.

That one in your post is approved.

I actually provided a photo of the approval letter from the FCC on the Facebook groups.

JR

• Like 1

16 hours ago, dibblejr said:

That is not an FCC document. That is a manufacture document.

There are a lot of fake Labels.

The inly way to Ensure is to look up the FCC code on the transmitter.

This has been beat to death.

You can follow the link I provided above once you receive it.

JR

Dude, this is a document posted on the FCC website (using exactly the link you posted), so get off your high horse.  Yes, many of the documents that the FCC uses come from the manufacturer as they submit for the FCC ID.  This letter explains to the FCC all the model numbers that use the same electronics, and as such, are covered under the same FCC ID.  This was the question of the original poster: can the same FCC ID cover two different model numbers (since he noticed that the ST-05B and ST-7C had the same FCC ID)?  This letter (again, posted on the FCC website) shows that both are covered under the same FCC ID.  That is all I was showing, but yes, it all starts with the link you provided.

1 hour ago, longhorn said:

Dude, this is a document posted on the FCC website (using exactly the link you posted), so get off your high horse.  Yes, many of the documents that the FCC uses come from the manufacturer as they submit for the FCC ID.  This letter explains to the FCC all the model numbers that use the same electronics, and as such, are covered under the same FCC ID.  This was the question of the original poster: can the same FCC ID cover two different model numbers (since he noticed that the ST-05B and ST-7C had the same FCC ID)?  This letter (again, posted on the FCC website) shows that both are covered under the same FCC ID.  That is all I was showing, but yes, it all starts with the link you provided.

LOL

As I stated, that letter is NOT AN FCC LETTER!

Get real and learn to understand what the "official" FCC letter is. That is not it.

Got your panties in a bunch over nothing.

BTW- I am not your "dude" must be about 12-15 years old.

JR

Edited by dibblejr
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, dibblejr said:

LOL

As I stated, that letter is NOT AN FCC LETTER!

Get real and learn to understand what the "official" FCC letter is. That is not it.

Got your panties in a bunch over nothing.

BTW- I am not your "dude" must be about 12-15 years old.

JR

I was just stating facts.  Never said it was an FCC letter, just said it was on the FCC website... and the only place I know where you can see what models are covered under the FCC ID.  Out of curiosity, where exactly do you look to see what models are covered under the FCC ID?

1 minute ago, longhorn said:

I was just stating facts.  Never said it was an FCC letter, just said it was on the FCC website... and the only place I know where you can see what models are covered under the FCC ID.  Out of curiosity, where exactly do you look to see what models are covered under the FCC ID?

Search, I don't help problematic people that use uncalled for verbiage. 

JR

@hasslerk: back to the original question... in an attempt to actually be helpful and more specific on where I look to find the model numbers related to an FCC ID, I go through these steps:

1. Start at the FCC ID search website: https://www.fcc.gov/oet/ea/fccid

2. Enter the FCC ID (below example for our models):

Fcc1.png.9aaf3fde028faac91c8312cf8c260032.png

3. Click on search, which will take you to this page:

Fcc2.thumb.png.1a6eef5b79dc0118cb5ac812ff8e84f9.png

4. Click on Detail, which will take you to this page:

Fcc3.png.9d85484a251a99e4ac75a0824e51f0c3.png

5. Click on "model difference letter" which shows the manufacturer's list of models that use the same electronics:

ST-7C.png.ece191d2cb0e1ab2d48822bf9de1b1df.png

There may be another way to find which models are covered by an FCC ID, but this is the only way I have found so far.

• Thanks 1

Part 15 Devices

Unlicensed operation on the AM and FM radio broadcast bands is permitted for some extremely low powered devices covered under Part 15 of the FCC's rules.  On FM frequencies, these devices are limited to an effective service range of approximately 200 feet (61 meters).  See 47 CFR (Code of Federal Regulations) Section 15.239, and the July 24, 1991 Public Notice (still in effect).  On the AM broadcast band, these devices are limited to an effective service range of approximately 200 feet (61 meters).  See 47 CFR Sections 15.207, 15.209, 15.219, and 15.221.  These devices must accept any interference caused by any other operation, which may further limit the effective service range.

For more information on Part 15 devices, please see OET Bulletin No. 63 ("Understanding the FCC Regulations for Low-Power, Non-Licensed Transmitters").  Questions not answered by this Bulletin can be directed to the FCC's Office of Engineering and Technology, Customer Service Branch, at the Columbia, Maryland office, phone (301) 362 - 3000.

I sincerely think that all the logical points regarding this certain topic have been made, rather then beating this horse to death..

I use the LOR whole house transmitter it works fantastic!

I can reach about 1 mile from my house

Had it for 5 years ands still is like new

I even bought another one as a back up this year

I have the LOR sold Whole House 3.0.  I use it for my Christmas display as well as for a Church parking lot service with great success.  For my light display, I can still hear the music well past the sight lines of my display.

• The topic was locked